Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    audioghost is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Roof or no roof on New Vikes stadium?Which would you pre

This thing it sweet....definetely wanna copy it and bring it to Minny!!!

http://www.houstontexans.com/reliant_stadium/history.php

http://www.ldsystems.com/images/reliant_stadium.jpg

Simply awesome.....

A.G s HOTTEST NEW RAP CD: AUDIO GHOST & MAIN EVENT drop THE SEED: I made tha beats www.myspace.com/audioghost2006

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

Open Field....Something like what the Broncos have...that stadium is pimp...

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

"audioghost" wrote:
    This thing it sweet....definetely wanna copy it and bring it to Minny!!!

http://www.houstontexans.com/reliant_stadium/history.php

http://www.ldsystems.com/images/reliant_stadium.jpg

Simply awesome.....
    Man that stadium is awesome! I would love if our Vikings got a retractable roof stadium like that.

But, I am really just hoping that we get a new stadium of any kind before 2011. Domed, open-air, retractable roof, whatever, let's get it done!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

The seahawks have the same kind of stadium expect it doesn't have a retractable roof. Seattle's is pretty sweet also.

Webby is offline Administrator
    Blog Entries

"audioghost" wrote:
    Retractable roof....that way in 15 years our stadium won't be "outdated" and we will have to buy a new one because retractable roof stadiums are the wave of the future....just look at the Texans killer stadium with the retractable roof, that thing is awesome!
    You may be too young to remember, but the Dome was the wave of the future and would be around forever and we wouldn't need a new one for a realllllly long time.

Here we are today. Remember that...no matter how they sell it to you, a new stadium is only a generation thing...every 20-30 years or so they'll want a new one.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"webmaster" wrote:
    "audioghost" wrote:
    Retractable roof....that way in 15 years our stadium won't be "outdated" and we will have to buy a new one because retractable roof stadiums are the wave of the future....just look at the Texans killer stadium with the retractable roof, that thing is awesome!
    You may be too young to remember, but the Dome was the wave of the future and would be around forever and we wouldn't need a new one for a realllllly long time.

Here we are today. Remember that...no matter how they sell it to you, a new stadium is only a generation thing...every 20-30 years or so they'll want a new one.
    So, a stadium is kinda like my wife. In 20-30 years I will want a newer/younger one! :lol:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

IF your going to do it, do it right !!! Retracable, otherwise NFL exc's will never give Minny a Super Bowl with just an open air stadium. But I also dont want to see whinny people crying in Dec. that they want the roof closed cause it's too cold. Best game i've ever been too, pro or college, were when the Bison and Sioux battled and it snowed out. Just a Beautiful sight to see !!!

bono is offline Hall of Famer

It's been a long time since I've been in here. Miss me, anyone?!!! :bootyshake:
    Roof or no roof?
    I'd say roof. That way, the Vikings and their fans can have the best of both worlds!!! When it's warm out, "raise the roof," and when it's cold out, close it up. I'm thinking it might be pretty expensive though. I'm not sure if any of you are aware of my city's baseball team's stadium: Milwaukee Brewers? A few years ago (just in time for the MLB all-star game to be played here), the Brewers (w/ our tax-paying money) built a new stadium w/ a retractable roof. It's really cool! Now, the team never has to worry about delaying or postponing games due to weather. If it's bad outside, the roof closes, etc. If i'm correct, however, it costs a lot of money for everytime the roof opens and closes.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

vikingdude82 is offline Pro-Bowler

I'm from Wisconsin, and I been to Miller Park once. It's nice.

bono is offline Hall of Famer

Really, Vikingdude82? You're a Wisconsinite?!!! What city? Ready for the State Fair? I heard/saw on the news that Cream Puffs are already making their way throughout the state!!!! Furthermore, were you able to attend MLB's all-star game here in Milwaukee a few years ago? All the festivities were right near my job (downtown Milwaukee...Wisconsin Ave. Street...Milwaukee Journal Sentinel...right across from the Bradley Center, US Cellular Arena, Grand Ave. Mall, etc.). I remember it being SO, SO crowded w/ people, it was crazy!!! It was really cool! Hey, it's not every day that Milwaukee -heck, any part of Wisconsin- is mentioned/given any care by the rest of the world.
    BonoSugaRay IS Betamethasone Dunkin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast