Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 89
  1. #31
    raptorman is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    200

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "Mr" wrote:
    Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
    No kidding?
    How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


    And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
    Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
    If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
    But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,148

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "Prophet" wrote:
    Now that Lord Favre is staying retired, how many of you asshats want Ron Mexico on the team?
    And so it begins..... ;D
    Tuco the world.....

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    I say he ends up in St. Louis

  4. #34
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "raptorman" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
    No kidding?
    How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


    And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
    Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
    If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
    But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.
    I'm not trying to be a dick, I didn't intend to "School" you at all, like NaughtyWord so creatively pointed out. I was just commenting, I hope you didn't take it that way.

    I know, .3 isn't much, but I thought Culpepper was a better example for this site. Chad Pennington's is 3 percentage points higher.

    Just because they are complaining about one thing does not make it the stat to end all stats. And, "Jackson is better than Vick" is not necessarily the truth because of this stat alone. I just want him to limit mistakes, we've put the weapons around him to put him in a situation so that's all he has to do.

  5. #35
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    For obvious reasons I could see him going to the Raiders.(Russell and Vick in the shotgun at the same time) or secondly I could see him in Cleveland where he would be a natural fit for the Dawg Pound.

  6. #36
    raptorman is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    200

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "Mr" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
    No kidding?
    How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


    And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
    Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
    If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
    But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.
    I'm not trying to be a slick willy, I didn't intend to "School" you at all, like NaughtyWord so creatively pointed out. I was just commenting, I hope you didn't take it that way.

    I know, .3 isn't much, but I thought Culpepper was a better example for this site. Chad Pennington's is 3 percentage points higher.

    Just because they are complaining about one thing does not make it the stat to end all stats. And, "Jackson is better than Vick" is not necessarily the truth because of this stat alone. I just want him to limit mistakes, we've put the weapons around him to put him in a situation so that's all he has to do.
    Don’t worry, I don’t consider a childish act such as “schooled” to bother me.


    I guess my point in this whole thing is that everyone thinks Vick is some great QB.
    Fact is, he is a running back that can throw the ball better than most.
    If Atlanta had put him in the backfield with a QB that can at least throw the ball they would have been on to the wildcat offense 7 years ago.
    And I never feel one stat is a tell all. But for QB’s completion percentage is a big stat.
    Except for some reason Vick gets a pass.
    I would rather have the Vikings teach Peterson how to throw then for them to sign Vick.


    For me the most telling tale on Vick is the fact that in 2007 with the same basic receiving
    core Joey Harrington comes in and has a better season than any season Vick ever had throwing the ball.
    Of course some of that may be the new coaches.
    But really, how many NFL QBs are starting with a 53% completion average?


  7. #37
    Tad7's Avatar
    Tad7 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,447

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    Trey Wingo said he spoke with someone from the Vikings organization about Vick and "they won't go down that road".

    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

    X MARKS THE SPOT

  8. #38
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "raptorman" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    "raptorman" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    Completion percentage is not the only stat that matters.Daunte Culpepper's career completion percentage is higher than Tom Brady's.
    No kidding?
    How many people on this board have complained about Jacksons completion percentage over the last few years?


    And Culpeppers is .3 higher.
    Big difference between .3 and 5 points.
    If Vick had 63% completion rate I wouldn't be worried.
    But 53% will get you cut from most teams. Unless your Mike Vick.
    I'm not trying to be a slick willy, I didn't intend to "School" you at all, like NaughtyWord so creatively pointed out. I was just commenting, I hope you didn't take it that way.

    I know, .3 isn't much, but I thought Culpepper was a better example for this site. Chad Pennington's is 3 percentage points higher.

    Just because they are complaining about one thing does not make it the stat to end all stats. And, "Jackson is better than Vick" is not necessarily the truth because of this stat alone. I just want him to limit mistakes, we've put the weapons around him to put him in a situation so that's all he has to do.
    Don’t worry, I don’t consider a childish act such as “schooled” to bother me.


    I guess my point in this whole thing is that everyone thinks Vick is some great QB.
    Fact is, he is a running back that can throw the ball better than most.
    If Atlanta had put him in the backfield with a QB that can at least throw the ball they would have been on to the wildcat offense 7 years ago.
    And I never feel one stat is a tell all. But for QB’s completion percentage is a big stat.
    Except for some reason Vick gets a pass.
    I would rather have the Vikings teach Peterson how to throw then for them to sign Vick.



    For me the most telling tale on Vick is the fact that in 2007 with the same basic receiving
    core Joey Harrington comes in and has a better season than any season Vick ever had throwing the ball.
    Of course some of that may be the new coaches.
    But really, how many NFL QBs are starting with a 53% completion average?

    I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

    75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
    77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

    I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

    Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

    Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

    So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
    and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
    ----------------------------------
    Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.

  9. #39
    raptorman is offline Starter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    200

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

    75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
    77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

    I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

    Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

    Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

    So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
    and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
    ----------------------------------
    Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.
    So its his WR's that were the problem not him? All 5 years of his career. Amazing. OK, maybe I should take that to the T-jack thread and use that for his bad year in 2007. After all look who he had. A couple of rookies, Robert Ferguson, Troy "Stone Hands" Williamson and Bobby Wade.

  10. #40
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Ron Mexico Watch

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I don't think Harrington's 2007 season was better than Vick's 2006 season.

    75.7 rating 204/338 attempts for 2474 yards 20 tds 13 ints
    77.2 rating 215/348 attempts for 2215 yards for 7 tds 8 ints.

    I try to tell everyone that will listen. ATL is a dump of a franchise. The crap they did with Vick has killed many a Quarterback. It's the same crap that has killed Alex Smith and until last season had Jason Campbell sucing his thumb to sleep. Vick was on a coaching carosel and his OC's were constantly playing muscial cheers. I believe 4 in his tenure. Let's talk about how his coaching staff starved his Oline and forced them to play at 295lbs because he envisioned them being a agile line like Denver's. Lets talk about his WR corps.

    Roddy White - Drafted 2005 - Admitted to partying his career away and not applying himself to his craft during Vick's tenure. Got his life together in 2007 thanks to his coach talking to his mom.

    Mike Jenkins - Drafted 2004 - Has never lived up to his billing as a # 1 draft pick. Had a decent season last year mostly due to white and the running games opening downfield.

    So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
    and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
    ----------------------------------
    Vick was an exciting athlete...but I wasn't a Vick Fan. I booed the guy more than anyone I know. I however can see that he didn't come into the best QB situation in the world and he still did an admirable job. I would like to seem him a Viking, to see what he will do with our wealth of players and talent. With bootlegs and quick reads, Vick will be a much better Qb than Tj can hope to be.
    Your the first guy I've seen who tried to blame Vicks lack of production on his WR's, especially since those recievers seemed to do alot better with another QB under center.... :

    So the 2 starting WR's for ATL were 2nd and 3rd year players( like Syd the Kid)
    and Vick was expected to succeed with them?
    And then you go as far as to blame the WR's again for a QB not succeeding and actualy hint that TJ might have had the same problem.

    Hmmmmmmmm.
    Do I see a bit of a two headed coin there?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 37
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 10:31 PM
  2. MVC in Mexico
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 10:55 PM
  3. Everything but Mexico
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
  4. Who Is Ron Mexico???
    By vikesboy2003 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-01-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. Ron Mexico??
    By ChiTownVike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-18-2005, 05:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •