Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Ron Jaworski: Tarvaris Jackson Has Potential

[size=12pt]Ron Jaworski: Tarvaris Jackson Has Potential[/size]
    Posted Sep 4th 2007 12:22PM
    by Michael David Smith
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Ron Jaworski: Tarvaris Jackson Has Potential

In studying him coming into the draft a couple years ago I was very impressed. I thought he had the strongest arm in the draft a couple years ago, but I thought he was very raw and needed a lot of coaching."

Nothing I haven't heard before.

I hope he become an all star and sell out the dome for the next decade but it is at the very best a long shot.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Nice Post.

I just can't wait for this season to start. T-Jack WILL prove all the nay-sayers wrong.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

0 ints in the preseason is nice to see.

He didn't throw many bad passes at all. Even against the Cowgurls he was 1-5 but didn't play horribly. I think 2 or 3 were drops.

TJ tends to always try to put the ball where only his guys can make the play.

My prediction; he will be what everyone says he needs to be, a game manager he won't have a tonne of TDs but they will out weigh the ints. And that is whats most important with a good D and running attack.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Ron = Former Eagle
    Brad = Former Eagle

Put that together and that equals brown nose.
    LOL!

No, I think that the running game that we have is designed to let TJ, a "newer QB," develop slower than throwing him into a passing offense.
    He will be able to learn to see and read defenses over a period of time with less pressure.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    0 ints in the preseason is nice to see.

He didn't throw many bad passes at all. Even against the Cowgurls he was 1-5 but didn't play horribly. I think 2 or 3 were drops.

TJ tends to always try to put the ball where only his guys can make the play.

My prediction; he will be what everyone says he needs to be, a game manager he won't have a tonne of TDs but they will out weigh the ints. And that is whats most important with a good D and running attack.
    Works for me...and it worked for Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson...all the way to the Super Bowl!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I'd be happy with this:

But Ron Jaworski -- in my opinion the single best analyst of quarterback play anywhere -- is sold on Jackson. Jaworski said this today:

"In studying him coming into the draft a couple years ago I was very impressed. I thought he had the strongest arm in the draft a couple years ago, but I thought he was very raw and needed a lot of coaching."

Jaworski said Brad Childress will provide that coaching, and that he's confident Jackson will develop into a consistent quarterback, not a player who makes big plays but follows them with big mistakes.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"snowinapril" wrote:
    Ron = Former Eagle
    Brad = Former Eagle

Put that together and that equals brown nose.
    LOL!

No, I think that the running game that we have is designed to let TJ, a "newer QB," develop slower than throwing him into a passing offense.
    He will be able to learn to see and read defenses over a period of time with less pressure.
    It worked for the steelers and Rothelsburger. He hasn't been the same without the Bus.
    It should work for TJ.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Brad Childress will provide that coaching, and that he's confident Jackson will develop into a consistent quarterback, not a player who makes big plays but follows them with big mistakes.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. Is he saying that Childress will develop him into a QB that will be consistant and average but continues to make big mistakes? If that's the case, then he won't be a good QB. That's one of the sloppiest pieces of writing I've seen.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Brad Childress will provide that coaching, and that he's confident Jackson will develop into a consistent quarterback, not a player who makes big plays but follows them with big mistakes.

That sentence makes absolutely no sense to me. Is he saying that Childress will develop him into a QB that will be consistant and average but continues to make big mistakes? If that's the case, then he won't be a good QB. That's one of the sloppiest pieces of writing I've seen.
    Granted, it's not the clearest writing ever... what it says is that he will be developed into a consistent quarterback. NOT a player who makes big plays but follows them with big mistakes (ie- Brett Farve).
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast