Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Vikes QB Coach to U of Miami?

The search to fill the University of Miami's vacant offensive coordinator job will not end with former Arizona State coach Dirk Koetter.

The Jacksonville Jaguars named Koetter their offensive coordinator on Monday. Last week, an ESPN report said Koetter had accepted the same job with the Hurricanes.

UM coach Randy Shannon confirmed Koetter had interviewed with UM last week, but the 47-year old Koetter apparently couldn't pass up his first NFL opportunity.

So, where does that leave the Hurricanes?

Minnesota Vikings quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers could be the next UM target. Rogers, who left Virginia Tech in 2005 to join the staff in Minnesota, was rumored to be the No. 2 man behind Koetter on Shannon's list of candidates.

More at http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/colleges/16414377.htm
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Vikes QB Coach to U of Miami?

If that happens, I say put Darrell Bevell back as a QB coach and bring in someone else as the OC.. If Ken Whisenhunt gets passed up for the HC gig in Pittsburgh, then he may want to leave there out of frustration.. If that happens, give him a look at OC..

Also, there is a possibility that Tom Caughlin gets the ax in NY.. That is another guy I wouldn't mind seeing as our OC.. Good luck to Kevin Rogers though..

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

He did such an outstanding job with the Viking's QB's this year I can't figure out why more teams haven't been calling the Viking's to interview him.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"whackthepack" wrote:
    He did such an outstanding job with the Viking's QB's this year I can't figure out why more teams haven't been calling the Viking's to interview him.
    ;D, I was wondering the same thing.
    How much flexibility was he given this year, that is the question.
    I'm not crying over this loss though.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

I dont care about this loss either. We can pick up another Childress pawn anywhere

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Rogers on his way out?

Posted on Wed, Jan. 10, 2007

[size=13pt]UM eyes Vikings assistant[/size]

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN AND BARRY JACKSON
    [email protected]

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Property0f" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "Property0f" wrote:
    http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=414

Good, now we can get a real offensive coordinator.

What does that have to do with our OC?

Kevin Rogers is our QB coach...

Darrell Bevell is our OC...
    O yeah.
    :

I just got so excited... haha

Well...Now we can get a real QB coach! Yea, now Jackson will really flourish next season!

lol

Bevell was a QB coach before so the Vikes can just move him to the QB coach and then get a OC that actually is an offensive coordinator.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Wed, Jan. 10, 2007

[size=13pt]UM eyes Vikings assistant[/size]

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN AND BARRY JACKSON
    [email protected]

I posted this thread yesterday!
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Guys, with the love and affection Wilf has already lavished on Childress, there is NO WAY he's going to tell him to bring in a REAL OC.
    Face it, there are only 2 possible ways that happens:

1:
    Childress wakes up and realizes that his ego is driving this insanity.
    2:
    Wilf shows Childress the door.

If Wilf were to do it any other way, Childress would have to take the "big vacation" or suffer through the humiliation of being neutered by the Owner for all to see...not something he's likely to relish doing.

So, as much as I would like to see a real Offensive Coordinator brought in (As well as a REAL General Mananger), I'm not holding my breath.

What frightens me even more, however, is Wilf saying he's going to be "more hands on this season".
    WONDER-FRICKEN-FUL!!!!!
    Sorry, Zygi, aside from having copious quantities of CASH, your football credentials are no more valid than MINE...or anyone else who watches football on a regular basis.
    Just because you get to sit in on practices and hob-knob with the Coaches and players does NOT confer upon you some mystical insight into how to produce a championship team.

I talked about this when Wilf first bought the team.
    At that time, I pointed out how almost ALL of the top executive slots were filled by Wilf family members.
    I stated, at that time, that I sincerely hoped that they would be bright enough to bring in REAL Football people to actually run things, and stick to yapping with the press and watching from the owners box.

Well, it appears my fears are being realized.
    Zygi wants to start getting "involved".
    This could spell "Big Trouble" real quick.
    Let's all hope that either Zygi turns out to be a Football Savant, or he gets over himself real fast and scurries back to the owners box.

Caine

vike_mike is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    If that happens, I say put Darrell Bevell back as a QB coach and bring in someone else as the OC.. If Ken Whisenhunt gets passed up for the HC gig in Pittsburgh, then he may want to leave there out of frustration.. If that happens, give him a look at OC..

Also, there is a possibility that Tom Caughlin gets the ax in NY.. That is another guy I wouldn't mind seeing as our OC.. Good luck to Kevin Rogers though..
    Well if Whisenhunt would get frustrated in Pittsburg, then why wouldn't Bevell get frustrated and leave us for demoting him?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast