Rogers cut Carter on IR

Looks like Tyrone isn't gone after all...

9/5/04

The Minnesota Vikings released defensive end Nick Rogers and placed veteran safety Tyrone Carter on injured reserve Sunday.

Carter was one of 12 players dismissed before Saturday's practice, but none of the moves were made official until the Sunday afternoon deadline. That allowed them to keep Carter on IR instead of releasing him and negotiating an injury settlement, which can take some time.

Carter, who sprained his knee in the second preseason game and wasn't expected back until sometime in October, returned to the Vikings as a free agent in March after playing for the New York Jets in 2003.

Rogers, drafted in the sixth round out of Georgia Tech in 2002, was a linebacker who showed better potential as a pass rusher -- so Minnesota moved him to end before the season. But with first-round pick Kenechi Udeze and third-rounder Darrion Scott joining veterans Kenny Mixon, Lance Johnstone and Chuck Wiley at that position, the Vikings ran out of room for Rogers.
    Even babies know the difference.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Rogers cut Carter on IR

He was the last cut we needed to make i think? I'm glad raoanell smith made the team some thought he would be cut, but i see him as a valuable specail teamer. I also see that rhett nelson made the team also i thought he looked good, a very good tackler.

Hopefully carter will be picked back up after he is healthy because he is an ideal backup safety.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Rogers cut Carter on IR

i think the walking injury R Smith should have been cut, not rogers
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Rogers cut Carter on IR

Ya, how in the world does raonall smith make the cuts when he hasnt done squat ever since hes drafted. At least rogers did something even though the de position is crowded. Move back to lber or something. Use his talent.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Rogers cut Carter on IR

Three points -

I read that Carter's agent simply wasn't able to negotiate an injury settlement with the Vikings before the deadline. Once that is worked out, Carter will be waived injured.

While Tice praised Rogers at times, Rogers apparently had some difficulties playing the DE position. He got a major chewing out by the coaches on the sideline the other night against the Seahawks when he failed to contain the QB inside the pocket. Rogers was a victim of too much depth at two spots.

Apparently, the Vikings like Smith somewhat for his special teams play. The Vikings are also scouring the waiver wires looking to see what other players were cut by other teams, in particular, for a 4th safety. Depending on who is out there, or whether some minor trade can be pulled off, don't be surprised to see Smith and/or Deandre Eiland to get cut if someone else is picked up.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Rogers cut Carter on IR

Green Bay signed nick rogers

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Rogers cut Carter on IR

NOt a good sign for us, he probably can give green bay at least 20 percent or more of our defensive plays, schemes, blitzes, etc.

I seriously dont think we should have cut rogers even if he did struggle.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a