Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Roethlisberger's gimpy thumb

yea i saw that on playbook yesterday...i hope it really works in our favor and with kevin williams back (mike tice also said he is back to the weight he was at last year and doing great) we should have lots of pressure on him.

SteelerFan is offline Training Camp

Ben has been playing WITH that "bad" thumb for most of the season...BTW, he threw for 386 yards with it a few weeks ago.....

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Yeah, but the other teams didnt have Darren Sharper in their secondary

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

faninphx is offline Starter

Tice was saying that slow RBs (like Bettis) do good in bad weather only because they don't slow down as much. I think we have a good chance of shutting down the run and forcing Big Ben to throw.

I think the reason most "pundits" don't think too highly of us is because they're not used to us being a defensive strongforce. You can argue stats till you're blue in the face, but the one thing you can't argue is wins.

Grassdog61 is offline Rookie

Its a non-issue IMO. If the Steeleers have their way, they will run the ball down our throats and Ben will only throw 10-15 times the whole game. So its up to our D to force some 3rd down passing situations - then we'll see if his thumb injury makes any difference.
    614f282e3c576bcf94e1d24d7a29bead

whiteboy is offline Pro-Bowler

hurt thumb or not, the vikes will put an ass whoopin on the steelers. there's plenty of room for people to start jumpin on the vikings bandwagon, which they will once we win the division.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I think we are going to have to worry more about their smash mouth football than Roethlisberger throwing the ball 30+ times. We're gonna have to put some licks on a fumble prone Willie Parker and take the Bus out early! For the times Roethlisberger does throw we are really going to have to take advantage and pick off a couple of passes.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Try2bsly is offline Training Camp

Thumb not a problem....

Steelers fan here....
    The thumb wont be a problem because Ben has not slowed down one bit...maybe a right after the injury but not since then. With a the same thumb the media is advertising Ben passed for almost 380yards. The Steelers will run...run..run. Suck the D into the box and kill em with the screen. IT's is very obvious what the Steelers do and you better be ready the whole game...
    It's not just JB you have to worrie about but Willie is getting better each week. He might have a few fumbles on the season but this guy is really fast and turf only compliments that.

LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Thumb not a problem....

"Try2bsly" wrote:
    Steelers fan here....
    The thumb wont be a problem because Ben has not slowed down one bit...maybe a right after the injury but not since then. With a the same thumb the media is advertising Ben passed for almost 380yards. The Steelers will run...run..run. Suck the D into the box and kill em with the screen. IT's is very obvious what the Steelers do and you better be ready the whole game...
    It's not just JB you have to worrie about but Willie is getting better each week. He might have a few fumbles on the season but this guy is really fast and turf only compliments that.
    Must not have been complimented enough at Indy. :roll:
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

Try2bsly is offline Training Camp

I expected that...
    Put any rookie LT against freeley and see what happens...Essex has calmed down quite a bit since then...ask the bears. Besides...I think a colts vs Steelers part 2 might be different. The Steelers O-line is playing well and the game tomorrow will be a good test of that.

Go Steelers....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast