Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Davis?

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

Rod Davis?

What happened to this guy? He looked ok in pre-season and made some good hits. Startribune says he was deactivated prior to the Chicago game.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Rod Davis?

Yeah, aren't we kinda thin at LB already with EJ out?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Rod Davis?

On channel 5 tonight (Monday) they said that Birk and E.J. Henderson MAY BE BACK for the Houston game. It's the first time I heard that. If not I expect we'll see Rod Davis in the Houston game.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Rod Davis?

But WHY was Davis deactivated last week?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Rod Davis?

I wonder how good rod davis will perform. He hasnt showed me anything in the one preseaon i got to see.

Anyone care to explain how good davis could be and he did that was positive. I sure hope he fills in well for henderson if he does and doesnt turn into a willie offord. In fact havent heard about him as well. :lol:
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Rod Davis?

Davis was deactivated because he was late to a special teams meeting.

tdawg0002 is offline Rookie

Rod Davis?

I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but I'm not too sure we need Davis. After being deactivated for missing a team meeting, Dontarrius Thomas had to step up and take his place as the backup middle linebacker. Thomas earned himself the game ball after recording 11 tackles and forcing a fumble. I understand that accidents can happen and guys can get lucky, but I think Thomas has enough speed and skill to fill the middle linebacker position for as long as we need him to.
    Protect our future...Keep your kids out of the reach of any Green Bay Packers.

Rod Davis?

"tdawg0002" wrote:
    I don't know if anyone was paying attention, but I'm not too sure we need Davis. After being deactivated for missing a team meeting, Dontarrius Thomas had to step up and take his place as the backup middle linebacker. Thomas earned himself the game ball after recording 11 tackles and forcing a fumble. I understand that accidents can happen and guys can get lucky, but I think Thomas has enough speed and skill to fill the middle linebacker position for as long as we need him to.
    I am in total agreement with that statement. Thomas went off like Favre's moms shirt at an AC/DC concert!!!

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Rod Davis?

Before the Chicago game started, we had plenty of depth at LB and didn't need Davis to be activated. Claiborne, or Newman, could have stepped in at the middle if EJ got hurt. But when both EJ and Claiborne got hurt, with Newman at Claiborne's spot, suddenly you have to throw Thomas in there. Trust me, Davis will be active for the Houston game as neither EJ or Claiborne are expected to be ready. At this point, however, I don't know whether Thomas or Davis will start in the middle.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Rod Davis?

"SanDiegoPurplePower" wrote:
    "tdawg0002" wrote:
    I am in total agreement with that statement. Thomas went off like Favre's moms shirt at an AC/DC concert!!!

Welcome SD Purple Power!!!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast