Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rod davis

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

rod davis

I had never heard of the guy before the draft, but when Mel Kiper says something I listen, and he praised not only Davis, but all of the other guys the Vikes drafted this year!! Bring on the boys!!! I can't wait for the season to start.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

rod davis

- Nice to see one bright spot from the second and third teamers -

JASON WILLIAMS, Pioneer Press

Nice going, kid: Rookie linebacker Rod Davis took advantage of his promotion to second-string linebacker in the Atlanta game.

Davis, who moved ahead of Max Yates on the depth chart last week, officially led the team with five tackles, including a sack. Tice charted Davis on the game film for having eight tackles, including two on special teams.

"I knew I was going to have an uphill battle," said Davis, the fifth-round pick out of Southern Mississippi. "Coach Tice told me he was pleased. But like my coach in college always said, 'Don't ever be complacent.' "

Said Tice: "He's a guy who really separated himself in the race and certainly merits staying at No. 2. It looks like he'll be one of our key special-teams players if he continues to perform at that level."

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

rod davis

I finished watching the game (delayed) on NFL Network yesterday and he got my MVP out of the rookies or newcomers (guys tryin to make the team), he had a very good game with 8 tackles a couple on specail teams and most noticable his tackle on the goal line buetiful hit, hes a big guy very strong and looked poised to get that #2 MLB spot. He also got a nice sack. I never saw Max Yates make any plays like that with his time in the game, i liked him when we drafted him especailly his confidence. He will make a nice back up for EJ, hes a sure tackler i like him.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

rod davis

Hey sTw, how did Udeze do??? I havent heard too much about him this preseason and training camp. I hope he isint dissapointing especially with that shoulder/arm injury he had.

Im sure and i hope he doesnt become the next jamal reynolds or dimitrius Underwood. :?
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

rod davis

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    Hey sTw, how did Udeze do??? I havent heard too much about him this preseason and training camp. I hope he isint dissapointing especially with that shoulder/arm injury he had.

Im sure and i hope he doesnt become the next jamal reynolds or dimitrius Underwood. :?

He had a great game against the Cards, was a factor and caused a lot of disruption on the line. He was not as much of a factor against the Falcons, he had 1 tackle, but over-all our 1st string D was dominating and very impressive.

But our second string D looks like it needs some serious help at CB and safties, they were getting burned a lot by Atlanta's back-up QB (who has a helluva arm and looked very mature for a rookie in preseason, would not mind if he was our 3rd string QB cause Hill looked terrible).
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

rod davis

The ends were doing a lot of containment when Vick was in so that limited a lot of his opportunities to make big plays. Statistically Udeze wasn't impressive, but he was still a disruptive force. I didn't tape the game, so don't quote me, but I do recall one series where he stood out to me as being everywhere.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

rod davis

Yeah he was disruptive and got a one handed sack called back becasue of something in the secondary but his sack was nice he pulled him down off balance with one hand he looks very strong i was impressed. I wouldnt worry about him hes gonna do just fine hes playin very well so far.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

rod davis

Personally I thought Udeze had a much more impressive game against the falcons, than he did against the cards. Sure he got a sack against the cards and didn't against the falcons, but sacks aren't everything. He did an excellent job of containment, and kept vick in the pocket a bunch of times, when he wanted to scramble. Most of the time he was playing against the falcons first O-line too, and he didn't really do much against the cards until their 2nd team O-line came into the game.

Udeze is looking better and better every week and will not be a disappointment. Since kevin williams made it look so easy for rookie D-lineman to play really well last year, Udeze might disappoint some vikes fans at times by not playing as well as Williams did, but williams is a beast and a great football player. It isn't too often that rookie D-lineman have a year like he did last year.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

rod davis

I guess Davis is now second string as a result of how he did vs. Atlanta and overall in camp. His main problem Cottrell said is communication, pretty important for a MLB.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12