Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Robison wants double-digit sacks

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    I want double digit sacks from Robison.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer
    Robison should focus on sealing the edge off first before aiming for double digit sacks.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnson14 View Post
    Robison should focus on sealing the edge off first before aiming for double digit sacks.
    I agree. Play the position!

At least he did not say he will break the NFL record like a former Vikings left end.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I want double digit sacks from everyone on the dline.

Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I want double digit sacks from Robison.
    I would like to see some double digit picks from Vikings defenders.

Sacks are great, but picks are better.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni
    That would be great, maybe KW can get dbl digit sacks also.

ShowingMyHorns is offline Training Camp
    I think we will see a lot of sacks this year. correct me if i'm wrong, but we had the most sacks in the league last year?... with the worst secondary. With an improved secondary we should see more sacks. Or you could look at it like a negative nancy and say we had sacks because everyone threw on us, but im a glass is half full kinda guy. In the preseason anyhow.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    I jumped all over Ray saying he wanted to set the record....and rightfully so.

When I read this, however, I don't get the "me-centric" feeling I did then. Robison says it almost in passing, but quickly goes back and focuses on being an effective player overall - which the headline ignores.

I did, however, like this quote, " He's playing with a guy (Allen) that allows him to get more one-on-ones than he would get some other places, so I would not be surprised if he ended up being a double-digit guy, at all. from Frazier. Doesn't that sort of refute the idea that SOME here tried to put forward that the people Edwards play with don't impact his numbers? If even Frazier can see it...

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I did, however, like this quote, " He's playing with a guy (Allen) that allows him to get more one-on-ones than he would get some other places, so I would not be surprised if he ended up being a double-digit guy, at all. from Frazier. Doesn't that sort of refute the idea that SOME here tried to put forward that the people Edwards play with don't impact his numbers? If even Frazier can see it...
    Really? Did some people say that?

Anyone who has played the game or knows the game should know better. The best defensive lines have synergy. Who they play with makes a difference. The scheme they play in makes a difference. The guys that play behind them makes a difference.

Mean Joe Green stated that he knew he could all out attack the quarterback when Jack Ham was behind him to cover the gap in case of a run or draw. Page was better because of Eller and Marshall; Deacon Jones was better because of Merlin Olsen. Success in the trenches not only is aided by the ability and cooperation of other players on the line, it requires them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast