Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robison

ragz is offline GM

Re: Robison

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    They actually had a nice rotation going on the DL yesterday with some nice contributions from alot of our Backup DL.

Only reason I am not calling for Leslies jiggly butt to be fired today.

;D
    Dude. We held them to 10 points. Anytime you hold a team to team to 10 points, I say that's good.

Also.. I've loved B-Rob since the preseason of his rookie year. I'm glad he's getting more time.
    Dude you read my post right? ;D

We held them to 10 points cause they had a nice rotation on the DL resulting in fresh leggs during the entire game which resulted in alot of pressure upfield disrupting things.

My beef with Leslie of late was that he wasn't using guys like Rob in the rotation resulting in our DL wearing down late in games allowing for QB's to pick our secondary apart.
    i believe you could be right about the rotation marr.
    but i did read today that kwill said detroit and most teams are usually doubling the defensive line and detroit was actually trying to block them one and one.
    and he went on to say that if you do that we are gona make you pay.
    so that probably had alot to do with the consistent pressure also.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    They actually had a nice rotation going on the DL yesterday with some nice contributions from alot of our Backup DL.

;D
    Dude. We held them to 10 points. Anytime you hold a team to team to 10 points, I say that's good.

Also.. I've loved B-Rob since the preseason of his rookie year. I'm glad he's getting more time.

We held them to 10 points cause they had a nice rotation on the DL resulting in fresh leggs during the entire game which resulted in alot of pressure upfield disrupting things.

My beef with Leslie of late was that he wasn't using guys like Rob in the rotation resulting in our DL wearing down late in games allowing for QB's to pick our secondary apart.
    but i did read today that kwill said detroit and most teams are usually doubling the defensive line and detroit was actually trying to block them one and one.
    Excellent point my friend about the doubling, or lack thereof, however, if they aren't doubling it is because they are getting pressure from some place else or rotating into offensive sets that spread our D out.

In this case I believe the tape will show that they had a myriad of multiple reciever sets which our much maligned CB's/S's/LB's did a damn nice job of covering long enough for the one on one battles to be won.

Again, something that was missed by most of the masses as they were booing thier team.
    Oh wait, booing the coach while the team was on the field.

My bad.
    :
    :
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Heck of an effort by Brian Robison. He plays hard and goes all out every play.
    He did/does my friend, however, can't it be said that the whole team plays that way.

I for one have been very happy with thier effort of late and see a team that hasn't/won't/doesn't give up no matter what the situation.

Maybe we need to boo the coaching staff more as they (the team) will play harder for them (the staff).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

I can't believe that booing more fires the players up even more. booing is never good.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

ragz is offline GM

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

Excellent point my friend about the doubling, or lack thereof, however, if they aren't doubling it is because they are getting pressure from some place else or rotating into offensive sets that spread our D out.

In this case I believe the tape will show that they had a myriad of multiple reciever sets which our much maligned CB's/S's/LB's did a gol 'darnit nice job of covering long enough for the one on one battles to be won.

Again, something that was missed by most of the masses as they were booing thier team.

My bad.
    :
    :
    :
    i wouldnt be surprised if some of the players were chiming in.
    if you haven't read it yet, you should read antoine winfields quote this week about the whole booing thing.
    hes very diplomatic, but alot of what he says i think tells the story of why they are booing and that maybe there is some underlying doubt from some players.
    wish i had the link for you.
    i know it was in a minny newspaper cuz my bro read it to me.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Potus2028" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48490.msg851644#msg851644 date=1223913018]

;D

In this case I believe the tape will show that they had a myriad of multiple reciever sets which our much maligned CB's/S's/LB's did a gol 'darnit nice job of covering long enough for the one on one battles to be won.

My bad.

:
    :
    :
    if you haven't read it yet, you should read antoine winfields quote this week about the whole booing thing.
    hes very diplomatic, but alot of what he says i think tells the story of why they are booing and that maybe there is some underlying doubt from some players.
    [/quote]

I think you are reading into it way too much.
    I assume this is the article you are talking about, and he doesn't really show any doubt.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_10713512?source=most_viewed

Winfield, who said he heard the chants, assumed fans were frustrated by the team's inconsistent offense, which has scored just 13 points in the first half of the past two games.

"It's the nature of the business," Winfield said. "They've been saying our offense has been struggling since (Childress) came in here, so I guess they're kind of getting fed up. They pay us a lot of money to go out there and do a job, and they expect big things out of this year, and so far we really haven't shown them anything."

Still, Winfield said he is encouraged the team is moving in the right direction.

"The thing about this league, you play so many games, but you want to be ascending as the season goes on," he said. "We have to improve each week, so I think we're doing a good job of that so far."

BTW, that was the Most negative quote I have seen from any player, and it still isn't really bad.
    Most players have spoken up in support of Childress.

Several players said Sunday and Monday that they did not hear the "Fire Childress" chants. Running back Adrian Peterson and defensive end Jared Allen were among the most vocal in their support for their besieged coach.

"It's kind of ironic," safety Darren Sharper said. "We're in first place. We're 3-3. We would like to be 6-0, like every other team in the NFL would like to be."

Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Potus2028 link=topic=48490.msg852102#msg852102 date=1223959929]

;D

My bad.

:
    :
    :
    [/quote]

I assume this is the article you are talking about, and he doesn't really show any doubt.

Winfield, who said he heard the chants, assumed fans were frustrated by the team's inconsistent offense, which has scored just 13 points in the first half of the past two games.

"It's the nature of the business," Winfield said. "They've been saying our offense has been struggling since (Childress) came in here, so I guess they're kind of getting fed up. They pay us a lot of money to go out there and do a job, and they expect big things out of this year, and so far we really haven't shown them anything."

Still, Winfield said he is encouraged the team is moving in the right direction.

"The thing about this league, you play so many games, but you want to be ascending as the season goes on," he said. "We have to improve each week, so I think we're doing a good job of that so far."

BTW, that was the Most negative quote I have seen from any player, and it still isn't really bad.

Several players said Sunday and Monday that they did not hear the "Fire Childress" chants. Running back Adrian Peterson and defensive end Jared Allen were among the most vocal in their support for their besieged coach.

"It's kind of ironic," safety Darren Sharper said. "We're in first place. We're 3-3. We would like to be 6-0, like every other team in the NFL would like to be."

[/quote]
    Thanks for the read my friend.
    Haven't had much time to read many articles, however, I haven't seen anything in what little I've read that he has lost this team.

When/if he does that then I will be asking for his head right along with the rest of you.

ragz is offline GM

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ragz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Potus2028 link=topic=48490.msg852102#msg852102 date=1223959929]

;D

My bad.
    :
    :
    :
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    maybe.
    but he pretty much summed up perfectly why fans are frustrated and referred it more towards the offense and childress than anyone else.
    he didnt sugarcoat it by saying hey we are 3-3 and in first place.
    he came out and said we haven't shown them anything, right after talking about the offense, and also said we want to ascend as the season goes on and improve each week.
    when he said he thinks we are doing a good job so far, whos to say hes just not talking about the defense.
    i think his quote was more telling than alot of the company lines that came from players that just talked about being in it.
    i know we are in it, and i know we still gota chance to make things happen.
    but just like the fans i would assume the defense has got to be getting frustrated that they get a safety and hold detroit to 10 points, and keep a powerful saints offense somewhat in check and are catching some breaks to win.
    most players are gonna avoid controversy by not calling out anybody, let alone the coach, but i think winfield just spoke his mind and he came off awfully understanding of the fans attitude.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123