Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Robinson Signed

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Robinson Signed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Onterrio32

http://www.startribune.com/stories/510/4652330.html doesn't werk...you gotta be registered..
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This is retarded, this better not be an excuse not to draft a WR this year. I would be pissed if we passed on someone good in round 2 (devery Henderson, rashaun Woods, Lee Evans) just because we signed Marcus Robinson. He IS a Derrick Alexander type addition. This makes me mad, we could have spent money somewhere else.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Mossville is offline Starter

Robinson Signed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by triedandtruevikesfan

well lets just hope that he doesn't end up being like Derrick Alexander who whined the whole time because he didn't get the ball enough. Hopefully Robinson is aware that MOSS is our #1 guy and always will be and that he'll have to settle for being #2

what receiver besides TO would not be aware that Moss is our #1 guy. Thats like saying its cold in Minnesota in the Winter. Anyhow, this is a great signing and Robinson put up great numbers last year when he began to start...he even had a 3 TD game with Anthony wright throwing him the FB. This signing definatley puts all thoughts of a WR in the 1st round out the window. Bye bye Dwayne Bust, im mean Bates.

Robinson Signed

remember a couple of years ago, robinson was the bears #1 reciever and bates was the #4? i'm pretty psyched about this deal. if he stays healthy, this is a steal for the money. and we still have over $20 million to spend...
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Sprewell27 is offline Rookie

Robinson Signed

If I remember right, Robinson had 4 TDs in just one game with Anthony Wright throwing to him.

Robinson Signed

i couldnt remember if it was 3 or 4 but they hooked up against Seattle...and a few other games. Great signing...Glad its not Tai Streets!!!

Robinson Signed

mossville! how's the party town? i'm from burlington!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

Toss2Moss is offline Training Camp

Robinson Signed

I'm from Clinton...

Anyways, the pickup can be a good thing if he's anywhere near where he was in 1999. Here's the scouting report on him...

"Robinson explodes off the line and is fast enough to get behind most defensive backs. He has very strong hands and good leaping ability, and is a competitor who will fight for the ball. Has the size to shield defenders from the ball, can make tough catches in traffic and is a quality red-zone target. Has good burst coming out of his cuts and the quickness to avoid pressing at the line. Can create separation against man coverage. Catches the ball away from his frame and in stride. Far more effective running fade routes and stretching defenses than he is on short and intermediate throws. Has problems locating soft spots in zones and negates his change-of-direction skills by telegraphing his routes against man coverage. Hasn't looked as explosive since suffering a torn ACL in 2001, and has lost some after-the-catch ability. Has had a lot of trouble staying healthy. Baltimore's run-heavy offense and inconsistent quarterback play definitely hurt his 2003 numbers. Robinson needs to improve his ability to adjust to defenses, but he is a field-stretcher with big-play potential who can be an above-average No. 2 receiver."

Monday Night Massacre
    http://www.bballx.com/mosszone/10-5-98fifth_td.avi

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Robinson Signed

Boo!!! This signing sucks!
    Robinson had 4 TD's vs the Seahawks who had no pass defense on the road last year. He only had 6 TD's all of last year! He only caught 32 receptions last year! This guy is washed up!
    I hope I am wrong about this, but Chris Walsh would have been a better signing, because Walsh can play Special Teams!
    I am kidding about Walsh, but Robinson is OVERRATED!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

yodasnub is offline Waterboy

Robinson Signed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by DoubleDown11

Boo!!! This signing sucks!
    Robinson had 4 TD's vs the Seahawks who had no pass defense on the road last year. He only had 6 TD's all of last year! He only caught 32 receptions last year! This guy is washed up!
    I hope I am wrong about this, but Chris Walsh would have been a better signing, because Walsh can play Special Teams!
    I am kidding about Walsh, but Robinson is OVERRATED!
    Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think most of those stats came over the last 5 games of the season, right?

Robinson Signed

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by amavikesfan

mossville! how's the party town? i'm from burlington!

THe party town is all good, great times here at the U of I.

In regards to Robinson's numbers, he wasnt a full time player till like week 11. He had only 5 starts...7,2,4,3,6 catches in the games he started. 2 100 yard games, and a 70 yard game. All of this on a run 1st team with the primary target being Todd Heap

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast