Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vikesfan is offline Starter

Robinson out 4 weeks! Damn!

Damn enlvikeman, you had me scared with the title of your post! Until I actually see Moss back on the field, we cannot lose another WR.

I may be in the minority here, but I really like Marcus Robinson. I have heard that he's been hurt lately (which seems to be a pretty consistent thing with him) but he has proven this year that he can be great. Remember the Texans game when he had 9 catches for 150 and a TD. I think he's capable of putting up similar numbers when he's healthy. I think what's hurt his production lately besides injuries is that Culpepper uses his checkdowns so well, hitting Wiggins and the RB out of the backfield so often. It cuts down on Robinsons numbers. But when Randy's back, our verticle passing game will once again be dominant, and those are the situations where Robinson will be single covered on every play.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

u jackass!!!!!! i even read the koren article and you still got me. havent had my coffee yet. oh yea dont drink coffee. oops. but it is early??!
    as for 87, he is not great, wont be a hall of famer but he is better than some that we have had. at least he tries and hasnt he drawn the #1 cover guy with moss gone. dont forget the game winning drop and then the game winning catch in OT. that was one of the sweetest passes i have ever seen daunte throw. actually one of the best ever. i didnt join until nov1, so i missed all the good posts on that one.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Robinson out 4 weeks! Damn!

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Koren that is...hehehe. Didn't scare anyone did I?
    Considering that the Vikings play the Seahawks in two or three weeks, this is, as Martha Stewart says, "a good thing".
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I see Robinson like the new "Jake Reed". A solid receiver who compliments the #1 guy and keeps Defenses honest.

Fortunately, Burleson has stepped up big this year...I'm really liking him a lot.

I had hopes for Campbell, but he's been under the radar a lot this season. He had some flashes early, but nothing really major in the last few weeks.

I'm really liking Wiggins as well - can't wait until Kleinsasser is back to get that tandem rolling.

Caine

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

I think the guy has been playing hurt all year. Just looking at him lately he doesn't seem to have the vertical he usually does. I like him, I hope we keep him around for awhile.

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

lifelongvike is offline Training Camp

Crain is dead on. Hope we can get them all healed up for a December run or I guess it would be a December pass.

OK, calling Marcus Robinson mediocre might be a bit harsh, but he sure hasn't proven himself yet in my eyes. Believe me, I would love to see him have a breakout game but he seems to be constantly injured in one way or another like Derrick Alexander was a few years back. We'll see. On the other hand, Burleson has proven to be everything expected and more. Now if Campbell could only catch a few of those balls he has been dropping he might be able to take it to the next level himself. I wish them all the best.
    Even babies know the difference.

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: Robinson out 4 weeks! Damn!

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    Koren that is...hehehe. Didn't scare anyone did I?
    I thought Marcus has been out the past two weeks.
    At least he hasn't shown up to play......

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"vikesfan" wrote:
    Damn enlvikeman, you had me scared with the title of your post! Until I actually see Moss back on the field, we cannot lose another WR.

I may be in the minority here, but I really like Marcus Robinson. I have heard that he's been hurt lately (which seems to be a pretty consistent thing with him) but he has proven this year that he can be great. Remember the Texans game when he had 9 catches for 150 and a TD. I think he's capable of putting up similar numbers when he's healthy. I think what's hurt his production lately besides injuries is that Culpepper uses his checkdowns so well, hitting Wiggins and the RB out of the backfield so often. It cuts down on Robinsons numbers. But when Randy's back, our verticle passing game will once again be dominant, and those are the situations where Robinson will be single covered on every play.
    WORD!!!, I think alot of it has to do with his foot, he hasnt looked as fast ever since he came down with that foot sprain or whatever, at least he's on the field.

Damn whoever posted this thread, scured me! :rr:

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

During the Indy game the announcer was all over him for the route he ran. He angled it wrong. My first thought is that he wasn't at full strength.

Also on the fade in the endzone last week, he didn't get up at all.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast