Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Robinson was fiasco waiting to happen

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair?
    How can they braid each other's hair when they are holding hands?
    ;D
    Pro athletes are very talented.
    ;D

Rastak is offline Rookie

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair?
    ;D
    ;D

Is Del really Marvin Lewis? He does know alot about defense come to think of it.

;D

Del Rio Guest

"westvirginiavikings" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    ;D
    ;D
    I like your answer better lol.
    Nodak I change my response to his answer. LIVE WITH IT! ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Del" wrote:
    The Vikings have never strayed away at giving second chances and taking shots on people. Some of them pay off some of them do not.

If you were a solid accountant for huge powerhouse buisinesses and you were a known alcoholic. If you went to rehab, took time off from the Biz do you think no one would hire you when you came back? Highly doubtful. You would probably have no problem finding work. If you showed up to work wasted or was caught on TV in a 100MPH police chase you would be let go, which is probably exactly what the Vikings will do.

You cannot blame the franchise for not seeing the future. You can blame them for not taking action after something does happen.

What does this guy want a bunch of born again christian football players holding hands braiding each others hair? This is football. This is a violent sport where men make a living trying to rip each others heads off. I bet that panty waste listens to christian rock on his way to work. Who rocks harder AC/DC or John Holywang and the bastismal fancy pants band? Seriously.

I hate when sports writers try to apply a standard higher to sports then other jobs. What is the difference? They make more money. FOLKS making more money does not cure the human element, the vices, the hate, the feelings. This is a case of the grass is greener. The only reason they make more money then anyone else is because we pay more money then anyone else.

At the end of the day it is still football. If you didnt buy jerseys, buy tickets, but hats.....then they would get paid 45,000 dollars a year and they would still play, because it is the best gol 'darnit sport in the world. Understand before you apply a double standard about the way these people act that this a job.

Now I want to know if the replacement that will make this sportswriter happy has to be baptised allready or would he like the team to come together hold hands, and do it as one unit under god.......

Lord I apologize......bless the pygmies.......
    ROTFFLMMFAO!!!!
    Del, you is DA MAN!!!!!

John Holywang and the bastismal fancy pants band...indeed!!!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

oakmage is offline Starter

Personally to me it shows how much the sportswriters resent the amount of money the athlete makes today.
    At one time they used to cover up what the athlete did wrong, but before you say it was a different time and it was but also you have to remember one other thing about back them and that was that he pro athlete and the sportswriter made about the same amount of money so on that point the writer felt that they were on the same level now the athlete makes more money then they average writer will see in a life time so now they feel it their job to point out their faults.
    Nothing worse then a jealously based on economics to get someone to try to play the “Holier then thou” card

Json is offline GM

I personally think the Vikings did the right thing with K. Rob.
    I remember last year he was brought in by Tice in company because one of the players on the Vikings (can't recall who it was off the top of my head) told Tice to give him a shot.
    Thats when Tice and K. Rob spoke over the phone and one thing led to another and K. Rob was on the team.

After making the team the man worked his way up the line up and started doing some awesome things on kick returns.
    This tells me that the guy who wrote the article must have failed to realize that K. Rob was brought in from M. Tice.
    Now I'm sure Wilf and Berzinski (not sure thats spelt correctly) where both smoozed by Tice to get K. Rob into the line up.
    This is just another small part of the old Minnesota Vikings.
    Childress will work these types of things out of the organization as time goes forward.
    Now in 3 years if the Vikings have new players that Childress and company have brought in start making foolish mistakes and they where known prior to arriving to the team for getting into issues then you can blame Childress and company.

As for comparing this to the Fran Foley situation I just don't understand.
    They are two completly diffrent scenarios.
    Fran was a prick to work with.
    From what it sounds like he was an a-hole to anyone that was working under him.
    He took his posistion and treated others as if he was superior.
    I personally think the VIkings did the correct thing with Foley all the way across the board.
    They started seeing some warning signs and fired him immediatly to avoid a huge issue in the future.
    I pat the ownership on the back for cutting ties with him.
    All business make mistakes when hiring, luckly the Vikings found out it was a mistake early and cut ties before Foley turned the Vikings into a disaster in the next few year.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Rastak" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    This is the one of the 2 reporters that have been writing negative things about the Vikings because Childress didn't bow down to them when he became headcoach.

He is a pro sports hater and every article he writes about the Vikings has a negative twist to it, he and Ruesse think it is their job to bring down every pro sports team in the Twin Cities.

Well, I agree these guys seem to thrive on negativity but if the Vikes would quit doing negative things every gol 'darnit year maybe there would be more positivity (as PA would say).

Firing Foley after just hiring him.
    Having Ko Ro go balastic with a car.

Bad things....My take on Childress is this....he seems like a bit of an odd duck, I'm hoping he's a football genius, but some of his quotes do invite some not so great columns.

Cr*p like this is happening on most NFL teams, look at Cinci they have had 5 guys arrested on serious criminal charges since the draft.

As far as Fran Foley they got great references from San Diego and he has been working in the NFL for a lot of years, you suspect a guy that currently was in the pro-personal department of a team and that was highly totted is OK!
    Maybe they didn't do quite as much of a back ground check as they should have, but it came out at the time of the lawsuit settlement with the Vike's that Foley had coworkers from the places that he had worked that had signed affidavits that his job description was the same as he had on his resume, but he exaggerated on his titles.

And big deal, oh my good the Viking's hired a guy that turned out not to be the great guy they thought and his power went to his head, so they fired his a$$ and moved on.
    But Souhan reports it like it is the worst thing that has ever happened, when in reality it is just an easy club he can use to bash the Viking's and Childress with because they don't cow down to the media like the media thinks they should!
    Just like he will bash the Viking's with Koren Robinson for the next year!

If the Viking's would win the Superbowl this year by 25 points and going away at the end Souhan article's headline would read "Viking's squeak out a victory" but he would have as many negatives as he could including "Is the Viking's 1st year headcoach Brad Childress really that good, or was it luck!
    You can't forget that he is a poor judge of character as he was not able to see what a bad person Koren Robinson was!"
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

It wasn't a mistake to give him a chance in the first place, giving him another shot after this would be.

WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired

I think this whole ordeal is a surprise because it seemed like Koren was really getting back on track and doing well.
    I heard an interview with him on KFAN a couple of weeks ago and he sounded great and was talking about how he was turning his life around and all that good stuff.
    I'm just very sad that he had to turn around and do what he did.
    And we lose our numer one receiver.

[move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Don't use your crappy childhood as an excuse to lable all alcholoics as fit for only sadness or disdain.
    I happen to know some alcoholics who have been dry for several years now, and I have nothing but respect for them.

I don' t have any sympathy for KoRo.
    He doesn't deserve it (and probably doesn't want it).
    But I certainately don't blame the Vikings for taking a chance on him.
    Right on man. I also know/work with a few alcoholics who have moved past thier problem. Everyday people beat the bottle all the time. KoRo had all the support and resources he needed to make it happen. He drank because he wanted to. Plain and simple.
    -Sno

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast