Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Robert Smith on NFL Network

Yup, I can remember that playoff game vividly. I swear, the way Smith ran to set us up for the win was inspiring. However, I think he tossed his cookies when Anderson missed it. I don't know about the rest of you, but that loss is the absolut worst for me. Didn't Smith retire to persue a degree in medicine?

I just saw the NFL Network interview with Robert Smith.

Wow. What a guy. He's incredibly intelligent and articulate. I wonder if they're trying him out to see if he might be interested in being a commentator.

Frankly, he seemed to me like he could take over Peter Jenning's position on ABC News. He is that classy.

He talked about his decision to retire. He talked about the injuries. He talked about at one point thinking (briefly) about joining up with Dennis Green and the Cardinals.

And he and Rich Eisen interviewed Priest Holmes about recovery from injury, etc.
    I killed the wabbit.

"grpape" wrote:
    Yup, I can remember that playoff game vividly. I swear, the way Smith ran to set us up for the win was inspiring. However, I think he tossed his cookies when Anderson missed it. I don't know about the rest of you, but that loss is the absolut worst for me. Didn't Smith retire to persue a degree in medicine?
    In the interview he mentioned that he had been involved in a construction company but that he was now involved in a software company that had a product for the health care sector.
    I killed the wabbit.

Swamination is offline Rookie

Smith was great since not only was he phenomonal but he was just a really good guy. He did retire early, but you can't blame the guy - either play football with the risk of injury or become a doctor and make good money still.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123