Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Toss2Moss84 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    166

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    Anyone else read the article in ESPN the Mag with Robert Smith talking about Randy Moss? It's a good read. He goes as far as calling Moss a punk, but says Moss behavior is very very minor. He also says Moss's charity goes unknown by the media and that the media has him stereotyped as a ghetto crack dealing type.

    My favorite part is the quote by Smith saying "I read a poll somewhere that asked who would want Randy Moss on their team. 55% say they would and the other 45% are liars."

    Steve Mariucci was asked if he would take Moss on his team after dealing with a player like TO in the past and Mootch said "without a doubt, in a heartbeat".

    The article is in the magazine with Big Ben on the cover.

  2. #2
    WBLVikeBabe's Avatar
    WBLVikeBabe is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,614

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    Good old Robert Smith, I love that guy, too bad he retired.

    [move]My beautiful sig made by the one and only PPE![/move]

  3. #3
    vikoles's Avatar
    vikoles is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    735

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    Me toooo HE was DE MAN!!!! What a runner!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword"

  4. #4
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    I am looking forward to reading this article. Robert is a very well spoken and intelligent guy!

  5. #5
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,003

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    I just read it today, and it was pretty good! I also liked that quote that they pointed out in the article. I was pretty surprised that he said some of the things about Moss that he did, mainly the F--- Denny thing!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  6. #6
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    During our last pilgrimage to Mpls for the Chicago game, my friend found Smith at the Mall of America doing a book signing for his "The Rest of the Iceberg." Check it out. Great read.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  7. #7
    Burley81 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    691

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    I read it, its a good book.


  8. #8
    jackyl's Avatar
    jackyl is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,662

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    Absolutely dry read.

  9. #9
    nat_devine is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    37

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    Robert is - or was - my favorite football player. I was very excited when the book came out but after I read it, my views on Robert changed.
    He was a hell of a runner though - and a classy guy on the field. He respected the game unlike so many others.

  10. #10
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    16,003

    Robert Smith Interview in ESPN the Mag

    I got his book for Christmas, but I haven't had time to read it yet! I was really pumped when I got it though!!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Q&A with Robert Smith
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 02:58 AM
  2. The "Robert Smith" (26) G!!!
    By VKG4LFE in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 11:09 AM
  3. Robert Smith
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
  4. Robert Smith
    By vikings_fan66 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 07:40 PM
  5. Robert Smith??
    By nat_devine in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:34 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •