Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rob Brzezinski

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Rob Brzezinski

"NavyVik" wrote:
    I won't be a hater when it comes to ROB. When "DAD" puts the padlock on the check book, there is nothing you can do.

Lets hope for the best.

Less than 48 hours until go time.
    ROB shouldn't have opened his mouth if Dad already closed the check book.

ROB has brazenly said that WE will spent and WE will be a PLAYER in FA.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Rob Brzezinski

If you can get Rice for close to vet min, i say do it. A nice vet with a few rings can't hurt.

Rob Brzezinski

Hey Jackyl, did Jay Foreman resign with the Texans???

He knows the 3-4 D.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Rob Brzezinski

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "NavyVik" wrote:
    I won't be a hater when it comes to ROB. When "DAD" puts the padlock on the check book, there is nothing you can do.

Lets hope for the best.

Less than 48 hours until go time.
    ROB shouldn't have opened his mouth if Dad already closed the check book.

ROB has brazenly said that WE will spent and WE will be a PLAYER in FA.
    I think that he meant PLAYA in FA...meaning that they won't really spend any of their own money and just take as much as they can from the fans without giving anything back...the definition of a true PLAYA!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Rob Brzezinski

Cajun, that is the problem with quotes in print. You can't really tell the demeanor of the person is saying.

Playa Rob

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Rob Brzezinski

"snowinapril" wrote:

He knows the 3-4 D.
    I think that the acquisition of Harris - a LB who "struggled in the 3-4" should put to rest this "We're switching to a 3-4" notion for good. We are not switching, we cannot switch, and to do so would drive us backwards by about 4 years.

Fact is, we do not have the people in place to make that transition - and I don't look for us to do that any time soon. We are a 4-3 team. We have been acquiring people to fit into the 4-3 scheme.

No offense intended personally, Snow. It just seems rather obvious to me that there is no way in hell we're switching.

As for Rice: Jury is out. If we used him as a possession reciever, maybe. There is no doubt that our current guys would benefit from his presence (Especially Campbell). But, I still think that Jerry believes he's a #1-#2 receiver...which he wouldn't be for us. He'd be the #3-#4 guy here. Could Jerry live with that?

Free Agency Action: What does, "We'll be active" mean? They'll attentively watch in the wings while everyone else in the NFL gets better, or that they plan to make some serious moves? Get what you NEED in FA, then get what you WANT in the draft. Red *blows goats* McCombs has never been one to spend, and with the Fowler deal looking grim and Taylor not willing to up the ante, I don't see why Red *sucks squirrels* McCombs would suddenly change his miserly ways and do whats best for the Vikings...he never has before.

UNLESS, he knows that the Fowler deal will crumble and that Taylor won't meet his price, so he's planning on fielding a good team to either force Minnesota to build a stadium, or look damn attractive to LA.

No matter how it plays out, Red *gerbil man* McCombs will come out better off financially.

Caine

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Rob Brzezinski

Reading between the lines in the Brzezinski interview.
    "Typically, the top guys out there move pretty quickly, and I expect that will happen again this year. If you're relying on one guy to come in and be a savior, you're probably mistaken."
    Meaning we won't be signing any big name first tier players.
    If recent years are any indication, the next few weeks will resemble a feeding frenzy, but Brzezinski cautioned that free agency doesn't end in mid-March.
    Again meaning we won't be going for big name players.
    "Kind of the consensus top guys will go quickly," he said. "Then, just as critical, is that period that you get into after the first wave goes. The last couple of weeks of March and April before the draft are where you have a chance to bring some guys in and help you for value. That's just as important or maybe more important than those top guys."
    Again meaning we won't be going for big name top tier players.
    The last couple of weeks of March and April before the draft are where you have a chance to bring some guys in and help you for value.
    The key word here, is the word [size=18px]
    VALUE[/size]

This means they are looking to do FA on the cheap again. Also means the Red has probably given him a $ limit that he can spend. My guess would be somewhere around 6 to 8 million. Just enough to bring the surplus in the cap down to about 28-30 million. Just like it was last year. Its not Robs fault and he is trying to put the best spin on it he can, but I have a feeling we will all be very disappointed by what we pass up and what we get. Anyone who thinks Red will cut into his profit margin with paying out salaries is dreaming. Especially now that he has traded Moss off and revenues are going to take a hit because of it.

In short the fans should be prepared to grab their ankles again.

WWBGD

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Rob Brzezinski

Rob should say, FUCK YOU RED! GO TO HELL ILL SPEND ALL THE MONEY WE HAVE IN THE BANK! I WANT A BOWL MORE THAN A STADIUM YOU SQUIRREL LOVING CHEAP SHIT!

atleast thats what i would say....

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Rob Brzezinski

"snowinapril" wrote:

He knows the 3-4 D.
    Jay's not a FA

Rob Brzezinski

"jackyl" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:

He knows the 3-4 D.
    Jay's not a FA
    I thought earlier in the season, you told me he was, my mistake.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast