hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

Road to the Superbowl

I was looking at the playoff picture and this is what I came up with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    This is from the playoff picture right now, it might change after tomorrow.

In the wild card round we would play Dallas at the dome. If we were to beat them we would then go to Carolina and play them. If we then manage to beat them we would then go on to face the winner of the other NFC bracket. That would be either the Giants, Falcons or Cardinals.

Now if we get to the NFC championship round we would more than likely be playing the Giants because, come on, Arizona sucks just a bit less than the rest of their division and I don't see the Falcons beating the Giants.

So the 3 games standing in our way of the superbowl would be.

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Now the 3 teams we would likely play in the superbowl would be:

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

Now all we gotta do is beat the giants to get in!

Tad7 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Road to the Superbowl

I hope Dallas loses tomorrow...makes a much easier road imo
    Skol Vikings! Go Cubs!

X MARKS THE SPOT

Vikeman is offline Asst. Coach

"hav0x" wrote:
    I was looking at the playoff picture and this is what I came up with. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

In the wild card round we would play Dallas at the dome. If we were to beat them we would then go to Carolina and play them. If we then manage to beat them we would then go on to face the winner of the other NFC bracket. That would be either the Giants, Falcons or Cardinals.

Now if we get to the NFC championship round we would more than likely be playing the Giants because, come on, Arizona sucks just a bit less than the rest of their division and I don't see the Falcons beating the Giants.

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

WADR, you are quite the optimist!!!
    Carolina is a MUCH better team than when the Vikes faced them in Sept.
    I believe the caliber of John Fox the h. coach is immensely better than what the Vikes have.
    I am a huge Vikes fan, but I am also a realist.
    Carolina would blow-out the vikes at home in any playoff game, IMO.
    They are playing mistake-free football, and the Vikes coaches have shown me NO ability to prevent their team from repeating the same stupid fundamental mistakes over and over again!!!
    A good friend will help you move...a best friend will help you move a body.

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

I believe the caliber of John Fox the h. coach is immensely better than what the Vikes have.
    They are playing mistake-free football, and the Vikes coaches have shown me NO ability to prevent their team from repeating the same stupid fundamental mistakes over and over again!!!
    So, 2.5 straight games with no interceptions means nothing to you. Yes there have been fumbles, but until the atl. game, those were way down as well. What we need are more interceptions on defense and a couple forced fumbles would help as well.
    The ribbon is the 'Gulf War Ribbon'.
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!!

-I need a new liver. Please join us for a spaghetti dinner and silent auction benefit.
    -January 13, 2013 1-4.
    -$10 covers spaghetti, salad and bread.
    -Anoka American Legion.

hav0x is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikeman" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

We are also a MUCH better team than we were when we faced them in Sept. It was Gus's first game as a starter and our defense had to do most of the work. Look at us now, we're marching down the field with chances to score far more than we were in our first 8 games. Nobody has really found a way to stop us offensively recently besides us fumbling. When we don't fumble we usually have solid drives that lead to at least a FG. One of Carlina's biggest strengths as of late is its running game. I don't care what team it is, they wouldn't be able to run on us they way they have been against other teams. And we would more than likely have pat back by the time we faced them.

I'm not saying its guaranteed and this thread wasn't meant to be my predictions, its to give an idea of who we would have to beat to get to the superbowl. I never said we were going to beat any of these teams.

"STCLOUDSAYSGOVIKES" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

So, 2.5 straight games with no interceptions means nothing to you. Yes there have been fumbles, but until the atl. game, those were way down as well. What we need are more interceptions on defense and a couple forced fumbles would help as well.
    I'll give credit for TJack.
    What I am referring to is mental mistakes, like the fumbles, and especially penalties.
    In the 2nd Detroit game, THREE defensive offsides penalties on the very first drive.
    How many contenders do you see making those kind of mental mistakes???
    TWO more bye the same player on the opening defensive series vs. Atlanta.
    You will never convince me of the fact that that first drive was not clearly the difference in that game.
    I won't even mention the fumbles.
    I would like to see the list of teams and who they were coached by which fumbled SEVEN times in a critical, playoff clinching NFL game!!!
    Didn't the Atlanta game look eerily similar to the Broncos game from last year???
    This coaching staff does not improve on much at all, IMO.
    I don't believe the Vikes could be any less than 7 point underdogs in a playoff/ champ game at Carolina!!!

"hav0x" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

We are also a MUCH better team than we were when we faced them in Sept. It was Gus's first game as a starter and our defense had to do most of the work. Look at us now, we're marching down the field with chances to score far more than we were in our first 8 games. Nobody has really found a way to stop us offensively recently besides us fumbling. When we don't fumble we usually have solid drives that lead to at least a FG. One of Carlina's biggest strengths as of late is its running game. I don't care what team it is, they wouldn't be able to run on us they way they have been against other teams. And we would more than likely have pat back by the time we faced them.

I'm not saying its guaranteed and this thread wasn't meant to be my predictions, its to give an idea of who we would have to beat to get to the superbowl. I never said we were going to beat any of these teams.
    The Vikes WERE playing better.
    Last week they took a GIANT step backwards.
    Carolina played well enough to win that game, on the road, in a hostile environment which clearly favored the home team.

"hav0x" wrote:
    "Vikeman" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:

Cowboys (@ Home)
    Panthers (@ Panthers)
    Giants (@ Giants)

Colts
    Titans
    Steelers
    (Ravens are iffy)

Sorry to read the words wrong.
    Seems to happen quite a lot on this site.