Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    TARKenton is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Rivera may be on Vikings' list

Rivera=Tice. Not enough experience to direct a team with so much talent. Although Rivera did a tremendous job with the Bears defense, which arguably is the only reason the Bears are in the post season, I dont agree that he is ready to tackle a franchise in need of a "grab us by the balls" type coach.

Here are few better suited names that come to mind:
    Parcells-He may be ousted by Jerry Jones as soon as today. He may retire but he may not. He did alot with a little in big D. Imagine what he may be able to do with alot.

Linehan-Most people will credit Nick Saban with the Dolphins turnaround. But look at the difference on offense this year. I dont have numbers to back that up, but if I did the research Im certain it would back up my claim. And as we all know, Linehan is very familiar with our system and its obvious Daunte missed him.
    ...Rodgers had to hold on the ball longer, giving players like Jared "I am completely insane and will literally eat your children" Allen time to sack Rodgers again.And again. And again. Actually I think Rodgers may have nightmares about Jared Allen the rest of the year.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

If Parcells get's canned I would love Wilf to go after him.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I don't think so. Wilf has repeatedly said a "big name" coach will be hired. Rivera isn't a big name!
    And think about this...
    What coach, even one still working, wouldn't want to come here? Some darn good talent, better than $20 million in cap room. That's a coaches dream!
    Website or print on the "big name" coach being hired please? I havnt heard that anywhere.

Rivera is a big name, he is one of the hottest H.C. canidates out there right now as he was in the eagles organization and then lead the bears "D" the last 2 yrs to excellant seasons ....

Rivera would be a steal ... from a divisional opponent, who would know their offense inside and out also and not to mention hurt their "D" alot ... would be like the sharper move ... I would love it.

If not him, Childress from Philly would be my only other choice currently ... the rest, we could have kept Tice for another year in my estimation.

The Bears offense "inside and out" c'mon everybody knows that offense inside and out. I don't think hiring Rivera would give us that huge advantage.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"Wiggles67" wrote:
    This is exactly what I am worried about for the Vikings is some unproven coach with no head coaching experience would be brought in and then for the next 3 years we going to hear "well he needs to learn, give him a few years"
    Proven or unproven ... it doesnt matter. The learning curve for the entire team has been set back 2-3 yrs .... If its Parcells or some O.C. from the SEC or whatever .... we are starting from scratch all over again.

Our "D" was doing well, the special teams has gotten it together, and the "O" has suffered some key injuries and the hiring of a O.C. is all it would have taken and this team was right on track with Tice .... Why not give the guy a FULL year, with a FULL compliment of coaches and staff to see what would have happened?? Then, if it still stinks, have better options for H.C. candidates next year ......

Anyone who believes there is ANY coach out there that is going to come in here and take this team deep into the playoffs or the super bowl next year is fooling themselves ...... Just get used to the fact that next year and poss the one after that is going to be ave at best once again .... Wilf just asked the vikings fans to "wait" once again as this organization attempts to get it's sh!t together by letting Tice go.

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Well he is doing something right with that Bears d, so why not atleast take a look at him.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    The Bears offense "inside and out" c'mon everybody knows that offense inside and out. I don't think hiring Rivera would give us that huge advantage.

You cant be serious?? He would give us a "HUGE" advantage over the Bears for the next how many years .... on both sides of the ball.

He would know all the tendicies of all the individual players on the "D" side of the ball and would know how Lovie operates on game day ..... HUGE Advantage to us with Riveria.

He would know the tendencies of the bears D, I'll give you that. But any team can pick up on tendencies by watching film. Plus their o is so pathetic I'm not really worried about it.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    He would know the tendencies of the bears D, I'll give you that. But any team can pick up on tendencies by watching film. Plus their o is so pathetic I'm not really worried about it.
    Have you watched the past couple games in which Grossman was in there ... making quick, smart reads and delivering the ball well ... then running the ball well??? You should be afraid of the "O" ... as it is beginning to gell.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Lotzapurple119" wrote:
    lets seriously take a look at him.

he seems like the type of guy that could really give the vikes a spark that we need.

with all this talent. this is a coahces dream. a place where you can win right away. and not go into a rebuilding stage.
    No, not really. This is more of the coaches nightmare scenario because of the whole Culpepper situation. We don't really have a starting quarterback and the one we have used for half of the year is 38 years old next year. Culpepper may never come back the same from the injury. Where would that leave thee head coach?

Now, I would have no problem with Rivera. He is a little young to be a head coach but then again, so was tice. We would have to have a very, very good Offensive coordinator if we got Rivera because he is a defensive coordinator and from the looks of the bears, probably doesn't know too much about the offensive side of the ball.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast