Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rivalry?

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rivalry?

"mr.woo" wrote:
    New England and Indy, I would classify that as a rivalry because it has a story behind it. When someone asks why Indy consider the Patriots rivals even though they're not in the same division, you can instantly regale the story of how the Patriots have denied the often-more-fancied Colts of a place in the Superbowl thanks to last-minute field-goals in the driving snow of Gilette Stadium, or right in the Colts backyard in the RCA Dome.
    they may not be in the same division but the nfl schedual always finds away for them to play dont they?
    yes, and it is hyped way to much.

"mr.woo" wrote:
    New England and Indy, I would classify that as a rivalry because it has a story behind it. When someone asks why Indy consider the Patriots rivals even though they're not in the same division, you can instantly regale the story of how the Patriots have denied the often-more-fancied Colts of a place in the Superbowl thanks to last-minute field-goals in the driving snow of Gilette Stadium, or right in the Colts backyard in the RCA Dome.
    they may not be in the same division but the nfl schedual always finds away for them to play dont they?

actually i just checked it and they do again this year and guess wat? its primetime.
    what a surprise

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

holy $hit guess sorry for all the posts. i kept getting that error message and going back and trying to submit it.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

I really dont think there are rivals in the nfl. If there are they are at as intense as College and High school Rivaliers. I think it is cause players can leave the team they are on now. To me free agency is the main reason the nfl rivals arent as strong as they use to be.

very true

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

TEXANS VS TITANS?

Bowchee is offline Rookie

As far as rivalries based on pure hate, Raiders-Chiefs, Raiders-Broncos, and Raiders-Raiders (they hate themselves).

Vikings-packers has some strong hate too, and there's a statistical tie that goes along with it, although we all know that the statistics are scewed due to the bad calls which usually go in the packers' favor. The all-time won-loss-tie is 44-44-1. The difference in points scored ends up averaging less than 2 points per game. I don't have the yardage stats, but I remember that being very close in 1998 when MNF highlighted the rivalry - I think less than 100 yards difference total in all games at that time.
    "Usually the team that scores the most points is going to win it." - John Madden

"Bowchee" wrote:
    As far as rivalries based on pure hate, Raiders-Chiefs, Raiders-Broncos, and Raiders-Raiders (they hate themselves).

Vikings-packers has some strong hate too, and there's a statistical tie that goes along with it, although we all know that the statistics are scewed due to the bad calls which usually go in the packers' favor. The all-time won-loss-tie is 44-44-1. The difference in points scored ends up averaging less than 2 points per game. I don't have the yardage stats, but I remember that being very close in 1998 when MNF highlighted the rivalry - I think less than 100 yards difference total in all games at that time.

I know you meant that as a joke, but in Oakland I have seen Raiders fans fighting with each other. The thing is it has nothing to do with the Raiders. It's a "Southern" California against "Northern California" gang thing. It was really stup!d to see these idiots fighting over prison gangs, "Surenos' " against " Nortenos' ". What a bunch of dumb a$$es!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

Vikings vs Packers is mention but I like the Giants vs Cowboys rivalry and Colts vs Bengals is such a fucking good game
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

vikeswin2005 is offline Hall of Famer

dallas and washington

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast