Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: RIP 2005 season

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: RIP 2005 season

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Does anybody else remember that we play in the worst division in football. This season is not over! If we come out of the bye and beat the bears we are right back at the top of the division.
    That is the scarey part, everyone is thinking in the back of their mind, what if we get beat by our own division. Right now, we haven't proved we are better than anyone except the Saints.

The Lions looked better than usual yesterday. If only they had an offense.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Sorry...but I ain't giving up UNTIL they say we can't make the playoffs! If the Vikings can turn things around...and it is gonna take alot...we might still be smiling at the end of the season. You gotta have HOPE...cause without it, you are nothing more than a fair-weather fan. Yeah, realistically the Vikings don't look like they are going anywhere this season...BUT we all need to hang in there for our team!
    Truth.

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

I only gotta see the last quarter and a half ( I worked 12 hours, have to wait til I wake up to watch the TiVO) but, wow you guys give up easy. No one on earth would go anywhere worthwhile with that amount of stickwith. Oh shoot, I can't drive good....done you walk or pedal the rest of your life. Darn I cant make a freethrow...either your Shaq, or your done with basketball....in what?? Third grade?

Fighting through difficult things is what makes them worth while, and you do need to keep on keepin' on, even as a fan....IMO! They don't put them blocks of wood in the locker rooms just to put punters out for the year. I am glad the players and coaches have a "LITTLE" more stick with. I still expect great things. It's not like we are the 49'ers or Cards and just don't have the talent. And anything can happen between now and then, and in the playoffs. For an overused, trite, and mindboggling true cliche "That's why they play the game"! I think Dandy Don is on vaction with the "Turn out the Lights" song still.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Sigh...

I'm getting tired of saying 'We'll be fine' because I'm not sure anymore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

i would not be upset if tice got fired today either and replaced with someone decent...even if it meant we only win 4 games this season.

but maybe wilf should just start with getting an OC and let Looney run our horrible Oline again.

the players just seem like they are suiting up for the paycheck only. where is the heart?!

"PAvikesfan" wrote:
    i would not be upset if tice got fired today either and replaced with someone decent...even if it meant we only win 4 games this season.

but maybe wilf should just start with getting an OC and let Looney run our horrible Oline again.

the players just seem like they are suiting up for the paycheck only. where is the heart?!
    At this rate that is just as good as what the coaches we have now are going to acheive. It can't get much worse, assuming that the coaches we have now can't make the necessary changes to turn the season around.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Does anybody else remember that we play in the worst division in football. This season is not over! If we come out of the bye and beat the bears we are right back at the top of the division.
    That is the scarey part, everyone is thinking in the back of their mind, what if we get beat by our own division. Right now, we haven't proved we are better than anyone except the Saints.

The Lions looked better than usual yesterday. If only they had an offense.

I don't know, I've seen all the packer games and they are bad. The Lions don't impress me and won't until they have a new QB and the Bears, well they scare me and we could easily lose to them twice.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler

"VKG4LFE" wrote:

You are right, the season is not over, however, it isn't whether the season is over, rather, it is when will the Vikes season begin? after the Moss trade the execs brought in a whole bunch of D free agents to soften the blow, what about on offense, offensively we look worse then our D from last year. I guess what I am saying is, getting into the playoffs, with 6 or 7 wins = first round exit. What does getting into the playoffs because your competition sucks do? I do not think the season is over until there is no chance for the playoffs, but limping into the playoffs doesn't help us to recognize the current problems.

Cheers!

Quote I found from an editorial on Vikings.com:

I am a Vikings fan til the bitter end, but have not been this upset since the Josh McCown-to-Nate Poole hook-up two seasons ago. I was not even this upset last year when they collapsed mid-season following their electric start for the second year in a row.
    Take a look at the inactive/injured list for Saturday: Kenechi Udeze, Darren Sharper, Lance Johnstone, Brian Williams, Moe Williams, Nate Burleson, Willie Offord. That list includes three obvious starters (Udeze, Sharper, and Burleson) and four guys who were looking to be counted on to fill very important roles.
    It kinda describes that feeling of the title of this thread.

Here is the Positive side:

It is no secret that this team has a ways to go, a lot to think about, and a great deal of healing to do over the course of the next two weeks. The season is nowhere near over, but they flat-out need to play better...lots better. There is still a lot of talent on this team on both sides of the ball and they still play in one of the least competitive divisions in the league. There are plenty of things to fix and the coaches have plenty of work on their hands.
    The guy works for the Vikings.com and is probably not allowed to go totally off (ape crap) on anyone.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789