Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Ricky Williams: way too big a deal?

Is it me or is everyone making WAY too big a deal of Ricky Williams retiring after only five years? I mean, the guy HAS made millions in only 5 years, so it's not like he needs the money. Plus, maybe the guy wants something else to do with his life. I mean, come on, how many of YOU have been in your jobs (for those of you that HAVE jobs, that is :lol: ) for five years or more? I have been where I am for less than three years, and I wanted to get out a year ago, for cripes sake!!!!!!

I say just let the guy go and live his own life. Look at how many people wanted Barry Sanders back for so long, and look where he is now - still retired! It's just an ordinary guy - let it go!

Of course, as I say this, fans in Miami are pulling their hair out and mumbling to themselves...

SKOL!!!!!
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

It's his decision, but his timming sucks. He really
    screwed his teammates. I believe alot of it has
    to do with his second failed wizz quiz. He is alot
    more liberal than the NFL when it comes to Marijuana use. He is right now doing cannibis taste
    tasting in Asia.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

gpete13 is offline Starter

I think he should atleast play out his contract. Or atleast this year, then retire. The thing I hope hes happy and doesnt regreat not playing anymore in a few years.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

I don't think there making to much of it. The guy is 27, in the prime of his career. He waits until a week before training camp to tell any players or caoches. He was thinking about it for a few months but told nobody. He could have at least let his coach know, so they could get a decent RB just in case. The guy had 80% of the dolphins carries last year, which lead the league. The dolphins gave up 2 first round picks for the guy, who quits after 2 years. I think this is a very big deal and would be extremely pissed if I were a dolphin coach, player, or fan.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

A team can cut a player at anytime they want. I see know big deal personally if the player does the same. Sucks for the 'phins fans though.

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

I read somewhere I think it was on NFL.com That he failed a NFL drug test again. I don't know if this is true or not but I have heard he likes his pot.
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame

"gpete13" wrote:
    I think he should atleast play out his contract. Or atleast this year, then retire. The thing I hope hes happy and doesnt regreat not playing anymore in a few years.
    I don't know, if the guy isn't motivated to play hard, do you really think the other players and coaches want him to be the one picking up the blitz while Fiedler or Feeley is scrambling for his life? Yes the timing sucks, but supposedly, Williams was going to try to stick it out for one bore year, but didn't have his heart in it anymore. It will be hard to replace his talent, but you want someone in there who's going to give it his all.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"muchluv4moss" wrote:
    I don't think there making to much of it. The guy is 27, in the prime of his career. He waits until a week before training camp to tell any players or caoches. He was thinking about it for a few months but told nobody. He could have at least let his coach know, so they could get a decent RB just in case. The guy had 80% of the dolphins carries last year, which lead the league. The dolphins gave up 2 first round picks for the guy, who quits after 2 years. I think this is a very big deal and would be extremely pissed if I were a dolphin coach, player, or fan.
    Agreed, I thought Barry Sanders retirement screwed the Lions pretty bad but this is even worse.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

i would agree, i am proud that he made his own decision but the timing, right after A.Smith and Eddie G get signed is just plain mean. not to mention Week before camp, but his decision is his decision and more power to him
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

I am told he does like pot but he also has a mental problem with handling all the attention a professional player like him recieves.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast