Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Williams

EBBS is offline Waterboy

Ricky Williams

Has Ricky gone the way of Robert Smith. Calling it with years left to go. A real shame. There goes the Dolphins postseason hopes unless Minor gets real good real quick.

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Ricky Williams

I just heard..........real shame. The Fins have serious problems now unless Minor steps it up quick.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Ricky Williams

Viking Update is stating that there are some possible trade rumors concerning Bennett and the Dolphins now. If you haven't had a chance go check out the article.
    The truth? You can t handle the truth!!

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Ricky Williams

"vikingman1971" wrote:
    Viking Update is stating that there are some possible trade rumors concerning Bennett and the Dolphins now. If you haven't had a chance go check out the article.
    It would be sad to see Bennett go but with our depth at running back, i guess that its something that could very well be considered. The question is how much would we need from them to trigger that trade. I think the price would have to be extremely steep because Bennett is, of course, very important to the vikes despite our depth. Since Miami's offense is very running oriented and they dont have a great passing game, I could see them giving up a lot. It would have to be at least a first rounder & a star defensive player. hmm...maybe the discussion on ogunleye is not over

JoeMama is offline Starter

Ricky Williams

Why trade Bennett? What about trading Moe?

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Ricky Williams

Why would we put ourselves in a weaker position this year? Don't we want to win it all now?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Ricky Williams

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Why would we put ourselves in a weaker position this year? Don't we want to win it all now?

Personally I don't see trading bennett for ogunleye(and a 1st round pick) as weakening our team. We did have a great run offense without him last year, and with ogunleye, our D would be even more impressive. I think Ogunleye could put this D over the top and give them a chance to be a top 5 D in this league. I am starting to get sick of always having a good offense and a bad D, maybe this is something that Tice can use to show we are trying to build our D and it is more of a priority than our offense. Oh well, this should at least make this final weak beofre training camp start more interesting, with this trade talk going on. Personally I am happy either way, but don't think trading for ogunleye would be a bad thing. One thing to note, Ogunleye's name has not been mentioned yet by any sources, just us, so who knows what player they would throw in with the 1st.

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Ricky Williams

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it. The Packer boards are all full of Najeh Davenport trade rumors. I bet if you went to all the message boards, every team is thinking they might trade a backup or starting running back to the Dolphins at this point.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Ricky Williams

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I wouldn't put a lot of stock in it. The Packer boards are all full of Najeh Davenport trade rumors. I bet if you went to all the message boards, every team is thinking they might trade a backup or starting running back to the Dolphins at this point.
    Frankly, a Packers/Dolphins trade makes a lot of sense to me. Davenport and McKenzie for Ogunleye and a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Each team gets rid of a problem child, both teams get something they need. Davenport could blossom as a starter somewhere, I see his style as very similar to Williams. A fierce pass rush from KGB and Ogunleye can hurry opposing QBs into mistakes, covering up problems from the young but athletic GB CBs (who could turn a lot of those mistakes into INTs).
    SKOL VIKINGS!

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Ricky Williams

Just got this off cnnsi

Trade Options

Lamont Jordan, New York Jets -- The former Terrapin has been very vocal about his desire to become a full-time player. The Jets turned down overtures from the Cowboys and failed to get Denver interested in a package surrounding Jordan in a deal for Clinton Portis. The idea that the Jets would help their divisional rival is highly unlikely so don't expect it unless they are overwhelmed.

Anthony Thomas, Chicago Bears -- While Lovie Smith keeps talking like A-Train has an opportunity in the current offensive scheme, don't believe the hype. A-Train has a similar running style to Ricky and could be a good fit in Miami.

Onterrio Smith, Minnesota Vikings -- There were some rumors swirling that the Vikings were looking to unload one of their running back options. Recent pro-Michael Bennett statements from head coach Mike Tice indicate that the job is Bennett's as long as he stays healthy. Remember, Tice really likes Larry Ned and they recently added depth to their running back corps when they selected Mewelde Moore in the draft.

Lamar Gordon, St. Louis Rams -- You never know what Mike Martz is thinking because he talks in circles. However, despite the fact Martz was upset about Steven Jackson missing camps and workouts, the opportunity to make his team better via trade will make him forgive Jackson.

Najeh Davenport, Green Bay Packers -- The former Hurricane would love the opportunity to be a primary back and has no opportunity to fulfill his dreams in Green Bay. Davenport would also love the opportunity to return to Miami and have a chance to shine in front of his fans and family. This makes a lot of sense but the Packers better really like Tony Fisher to make this a reality.

Larry Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs -- Can the Chiefs get the first-round pick back they spent on a guy that has very limited options on a team featuring a healthy Priest Holmes? Really depends on how desperate the Dolphins get but don't count it out. Desperation is going to set in and the Dolphins can ill afford not to take a chance on landing a franchise RB if the opportunity arises.

James Mungro, Indianapolis Colts -- While he may not be much of an upgrade to Travis Minor, Mungro did a nice job filling in for an injured Edgerrin James two years ago. With Dominic Rhodes healthy and entrenched as the backup, Mungro could be a cheap alternative.

Hopefully your fantasy league will open the waiver wire before the season begins. If the Dolphins want to explore the waiver wire here are a few options both of you could consider.
    Free Agent Options

James Stewart -- The former Jaguar and Lion does have a couple 1,000-yard seasons under his belt and probably could be had for the league minimum. While he does have history of medical problems, the price might be right for the Dolphins brass. At the minimum he will make a good fallback option.

Ricky Watters -- Recent reports indicate that Watters wants to return to the NFL and this may be his first real opportunity. While it is probably a long shot, the Dolphins have very few solid options remaining.

Stacey Mack -- I must state that I really thought Mack would make a name for himself in Houston. However, after a disappointing season where he took less money and less years guaranteed for a job as a primary rusher he now finds himself on the unemployment line. He could find himself a backup job in Miami.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast