Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Rickey Young is Cool

So my boy Eric hooked us up with the VIP tickets for last night's practice with the Chefs. When we got to camp, we walked through the Vikings Village and down to the VIP tent where we got our complimentary gift - a big soft-side cooler on wheels with the Vikings logo stitched on the front. Very cool.

Beer and wine and free food were available and the tent looked out on the back practice field. People were lining up for the autograph zone, but I was able (with my VIP wristband) to walk in there before it opened and get a bunch of autographs. I got Mick Tinglehoff (told him it was a travesty he's not in the HoF), Dave Osborne, Matt Blair, Chuck Foreman, Oscar Reed and Rickey Young. Later I got Zygi Wilf and Joey Browner, as well.

Once the main practice started going on in Blakeslee Stadium, we moved over there to the reserved section for seating and ended up sitting behind 3 hotties (Cristina, Lindsey & Natalie). The practice itself, as I've mentioned elsewhere, was almost totally non-contact and more interesting to watch than anything else. What was cool was that we were so close to the players that they could hear us. I managed to crack up Pat Williams at one point and got several others to give us thumb's up signs and waves.

Once the practice was over, we walked back to our hotel with plans to meet up with Lindsey & Natalie at Boomtown. After freshening up, we headed to Boomtown - and they weren't there. They'd ditched us! Typical of hotties!

However, there was another bar next door (Waters) and Eric suggested we check in there to see if they were there - and they were, with Rickey Young! Turns out that Rickey had gathered them up from the parking lot and got them to come into Waters since he was buying the drinks. So we ended up hanging with the girls and Rickey for a couple hours, watching the Twinkies come back to win the game and having a pretty good time. Rickey was great to talk to and I had a lot of fun hearing some good stories about his times with the Vikes and even back when he was at Jackson State with Walter Payton.

Anywhoo - we're planning on going to this afternoon's practice, if the rain clears up.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rickey Young is Cool

"AWZeus" wrote:
    So my boy Eric hooked us up with the VIP tickets for last night's practice with the Chefs. When we got to camp, we walked through the Vikings Village and down to the VIP tent where we got our complimentary gift - a big soft-side cooler on wheels with the Vikings logo stitched on the front. Very cool.

Beer and wine and free food were available and the tent looked out on the back practice field. People were lining up for the autograph zone, but I was able (with my VIP wristband) to walk in there before it opened and get a bunch of autographs. I got Mick Tinglehoff (told him it was a travesty he's not in the HoF), Dave Osborne, Matt Blair, Chuck Foreman, Oscar Reed and Rickey Young. Later I got Zygi Wilf and Joey Browner, as well.

Once the main practice started going on in Blakeslee Stadium, we moved over there to the reserved section for seating and ended up sitting behind 3 hotties (Cristina, Lindsey & Natalie). The practice itself, as I've mentioned elsewhere, was almost totally non-contact and more interesting to watch than anything else. What was cool was that we were so close to the players that they could hear us. I managed to crack up Pat Williams at one point and got several others to give us thumb's up signs and waves.

Once the practice was over, we walked back to our hotel with plans to meet up with Lindsey & Natalie at Boomtown. After freshening up, we headed to Boomtown - and they weren't there. They'd ditched us! Typical of hotties!

However, there was another bar next door (Waters) and Eric suggested we check in there to see if they were there - and they were, with Rickey Young! Turns out that Rickey had gathered them up from the parking lot and got them to come into Waters since he was buying the drinks. So we ended up hanging with the girls and Rickey for a couple hours, watching the Twinkies come back to win the game and having a pretty good time. Rickey was great to talk to and I had a lot of fun hearing some good stories about his times with the Vikes and even back when he was at Jackson State with Walter Payton.

Anywhoo - we're planning on going to this afternoon's practice, if the rain clears up.

=Z=
    I thought that you were married?

And today being Blackmail Day....hmmmmm......... :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I thought that you were married?

And today being Blackmail Day....hmmmmm......... :evil4:
    I am married. Hanging out with Rickey Young and a couple of hotties in a bar and then going back to your hotel room ALONE (well, Eric was there - but we had two double beds) constitutes no violation of the marital contract.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Freya is offline Team Alumni

It's Blackmail day?!?!.........oh crap.

Zeus, darls, tell Travis I said hi, will ya? Puleeeeeeeeze?

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?