Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rick Spielman to the Vikings???

Not real knowledgable about Mr. Spielman....but none of the initial information is encouraging. I wonder, did Zygi hire this guy simply to hire someone?

Zygi, you're starting to worry me....you really are.

Caine

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the team is already in place for this season and he wont have any role in player personnel decisions anyways
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

Maybe he will try to aquire the rights to Hershall Walker from Pros vs Joes.
    I hear he still has something left in the tank!! And considering gas prices these days....Maybe we can aquire him for 3 gallons of gas, some magic beans, a $25 gift card from Menards, a box of take out ribs from the Market BBQ, and our next 6 # 1 draft picks!!!
    It really sounds like we have NO CLUE!!!
    GADZOOKS!!!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/MIN/9469829

[size=18px]Former Dolphins GM Spielman joins Vikings[/size]

NFL.com wire reports

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (May 30, 2006) -- The Minnesota Vikings hired Rick Spielman as vice president for player personnel.

Spielman left the Miami Dolphins in June 2005 after five seasons with the club, including one as general manager. Before that, he was with Detroit from 1990-96 and Chicago from 1997-99. Spielman left the Dolphins as he became increasingly irrelevant with new coach Nick Saban having complete control over the roster.

As general manager, Spielman was widely criticized throughout the 2004 season for personnel decisions. Miami went 4-12 that season, one of the worst records in franchise history.

Spielman replaces Fran Foley, who was fired after three months on the job following a controversy about inaccuracies on his resume and a draft that got mixed reviews.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yet another move by the Vikings that has me scratching my head.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Wow. I don't know much about the guy but he sounds horrible. Look at the decisions he made in Miami. I'm going to stay optimistic but as of now it looks like a horrible move. :sad:

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

just like a turd.....it stinks from one end to the other!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Wow. I don't know much about the guy but he sounds horrible. Look at the decisions he made in Miami. I'm going to stay optimistic but as of now it looks like a horrible move. :sad:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I agree PPE. Those teams in Detroit were terrible. They were the ones that couldn't make the playoffs WITH Barry Sanders, and the Bears teams from '97-'99 were bad too. :banghead:

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

:scratch:

Well at least we know that Wilf doesn't have a problem firing someone if they aren't working out.

In his defense anyone that has been on the job for 15 yrs is going to have a record of some less than stellar decisions here and there. Maybe he just wasn't getting on with Saban when he came in. It sounds like Saban took over most of his job and sort of pushed him out. It may not have been Spielman's fault that it was a bad year. He did help take teams to the playoffs so all of his decisions can't have been bad ones.

We will just have to wait and see how he does. I think I will wait and judge him on what he does for us. :wink:

WWBGD

Prophet Guest

"RK." wrote:
    :scratch:

Well at least we know that Wilf doesn't have a problem firing someone if they aren't working out.

In his defense anyone that has been on the job for 15 yrs is going to have a record of some less than stellar decisions here and there. Maybe he just wasn't getting on with Saban when he came in. It sounds like Saban took over most of his job and sort of pushed him out. It may not have been Spielman's fault that it was a bad year. He did help take teams to the playoffs so all of his decisions can't have been bad ones.

We will just have to wait and see how he does. I think I will wait and judge him on what he does for us. :wink:
    Stop using logic . I want to hate him for a little while before I give him a chance, can't I do that in peace?

I wish the season would just start.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast