Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  1. #11
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?

    =Z=
    Apparently pretty hard because 6 other teams didn't do it. Plus I am not referring to just the first round.
    How about Rice in the second?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    I don't feel very strongly either way on this topic, but I wonder why they felt they needed to resign him NOW, as opposed to waiting another year.
    He didn't really do anything all that special, you'd think they'd want to use up that extra yeare to guage if he really is the guy they want long term.

  4. #14
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?

    =Z=
    Apparently pretty hard because 6 other teams didn't do it. Plus I am not referring to just the first round.
    How about Rice in the second?
    McCauley, Robison weren't to shabby either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #15
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?
    Apparently pretty hard because 6 other teams didn't do it. Plus I am not referring to just the first round.
    How about Rice in the second?
    Are you seriously attempting to evaluate the 2007 draft after one season?


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #16
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?
    Apparently pretty hard because 6 other teams didn't do it. Plus I am not referring to just the first round.
    How about Rice in the second?
    Are you seriously attempting to evaluate the 2007 draft after one season?


    =Z=
    After one years evaluation...
    I am officially happy with our 2007 first round pick.

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?
    Apparently pretty hard because 6 other teams didn't do it. Plus I am not referring to just the first round.
    How about Rice in the second?
    Are you seriously attempting to evaluate the 2007 draft after one season?


    =Z=
    I am seriously evaluating the impact to our team that two of our rookies had in 2007.
    AD and Rice obviously made an impact, and will likely continue to do so.


    But in all actuality, I was evaluating Spielman's ability to lead the draft, not the draft class itself.
    I think he did a very good job of leading the group that brought in our rookies last year, and even though the true measure of those rookie cannot be known for a few seasons, I think he put us in the position to give us the best chance of success with those players.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

    Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    How hard is it to draft when you have the best player drop right into your lap?
    Apparently pretty hard because 6 other teams didn't do it. Plus I am not referring to just the first round.
    How about Rice in the second?
    Are you seriously attempting to evaluate the 2007 draft after one season?
    I am seriously evaluating the impact to our team that two of our rookies had in 2007.
    AD and Rice obviously made an impact, and will likely continue to do so.


    But in all actuality, I was evaluating Spielman's ability to lead the draft, not the draft class itself.
    I think he did a very good job of leading the group that brought in our rookies last year, and even though the true measure of those rookie cannot be known for a few seasons, I think he put us in the position to give us the best chance of success with those players.
    He's neither dunce nor genius, based upon one year's worth of data.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #19
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    He definitely did well this past year, and in the offseason, but as far as not waiting for this years draft goes, I see it like this.

    You can't judge the quality of a draft on April 28th, you have to wait until (at least) the end of the following season.

    His 2007 draft brought around a lot of rookies that look promising, obviously AD and Rice, but the later round guys showed some skills as well like McCauley and Robison.

  10. #20
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

    You guys have to remember, AD fell in our laps.
    Had AD been taken by the redskins and we got Landry instead, would everyone still have a boner for him?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rick Spielman weekly interview 11/10/06
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 05:52 AM
  2. Rick Spielman weekly interview 10/19/06
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2006, 06:38 AM
  3. Rick Spielman interview
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-15-2006, 06:38 AM
  4. Rick Spielman
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 10:50 PM
  5. Rick Spielman to the Vikings???
    By burger13 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 04:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •