Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Rick Spielman contract extension

[size=13pt]Spielman contract extension[/size]

April 2nd, 2008 – 5:48 AM

by Kevin Seifert
    startribune.com

We mentioned Rick Spielman’s contract extension in today’s main story. But the rest of the Spielman story has not yet been posted on the site. Here it is....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Rick Spielman contract extension

Idiots!

Granted he had a good draft last year, but you'd have thought they'd have at least waited until after this years draft or later in the year to make their decision.

Let's not forget how Spielman fucked things up in Miami, shall we?

[size=10pt]Blaming Rick Spielman For Dolphins' 0-10 Start[/size]

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I like the move.

It appears that the front office is finally in synch with what the coaches need/want.
    They did pretty good last year and I believe they can only improve on that as they have had a full year to work out thier processes/procedures related to selection of player personnel.

A good draft last year and a decent FA period this year with alot of picks and a very decent draft class to work with and I believe we will get some pretty decent playmakers on the field next year.

Continuity my friends.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    I like the move.

It appears that the front office is finally in synch with what the coaches need/want.
    They did pretty good last year and I believe they can only improve on that as they have had a full year to work out thier processes/procedures related to selection of player personnel.

A good draft last year and a decent FA period this year with alot of picks and a very decent draft class to work with and I believe we will get some pretty decent playmakers on the field next year.

Continuity my friends.
    ;D
    Continuity means more than one good draft Marr. Obviously you forgot or are unaware of his track record in Miami.

The Vikings had a whole year to renew his contract. They could have waited.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like the move.

Continuity my friends.
    ;D
    Continuity means more than one good draft Marr. Obviously you forgot or are unaware of his track record in Miami.

Conitnuity has nothing to do with the draft or his past record.

Continuity means you have the same guys in charge for a long period of time.
    Over that period of time, and with alot of patience, the plan will/can be executed, refined, and maintained.

Again, nothing to do with the draft my friend. The draft, FA are just indicators that they have guys that can work together.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like the move.

Continuity my friends.
    ;D

Over that period of time, and with alot of patience, the plan will/can be executed, refined, and maintained.

Again, nothing to do with the draft my friend. The draft, FA are just indicators that they have guys that can work together.
    Having the right personnel in place means equally as much if not more. Perhaps you felt that Steckel should have been given 4-5 years to take us to the SB.

I know I didn't.

You can polish a turd everyday for 4-5 years, but it's still a turd.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I like the move.

Continuity my friends.
    ;D

Having the right personnel in place means equally as much if not more. Perhaps you felt that Steckel should have been given 4-5 years to take us to the SB.

I know I didn't.

You can polish a turd everyday for 4-5 years, but it's still a turd.
    First Tice, now Steckel.
    Who you gonna run up the flag pole next.

Truth be told, there are alot of coaches that are given a heck of alot more than 4-5 years to get to the SB and never do.
    Heck, some coaches coach thier whole career and don't ever get to one.

I guess if we go by your logic they should all be shit canned if they don't get you the magic ring in a few years.

Like it or not, this Ownership group doesn't feel that way regardless of what we the fans think, or so it would appear.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.
    I don't understand why you are getting your panties in such a bunch.

Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    I like the fact that Wilf is showing commitment to the team.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I think this is a very good move, and I think Spielman more than proved himself last year.

Yes, I know of his track record in Miami, but obviously either he learned from his mistakes, or the environment he is in now is more conducive to his draft style, or both.
    Finally, a voice of reason.
    ;D

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

+1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast