Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    651Vikes is offline Training Camp

Richardson and the Offensive Line

I don't want to sound like a broken record but...

I feel real good about the Vikings chances to get to the playoffs with this unit's production. Best running game in the league all because these guys are pretty dominant. They showed it again against the Lion's very good Defensive front. Richardson also does not get enough credit for this rushing attack as well. If you watch this guy, you will see him open up big holes for our backs consistenly.

Man, if they keep this up.. We would be the scariest team going into the playoffs.

I try not to compare teams to much, but we do somewhat mimic the Stealers of 2005. They had an dominant running game, dominant rushing defense, and a developing Big Ben. Although they had more proven talent in other areas too but we are in the NFC. They were struggling in the first half of the season looking for answers. But because of their play style, came back strong in the second half of the season and took it all the way. I'm excited! Don't slap me back to reality yet, I like this dream I'm in.

Anyways, I posted this to give props to our Offensive Line and Tony Richardson. Since people tend to forget to mention them in our Ws.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Richardson and the Offensive Line

Richardson isn't as overlooked as you mentioned, last i heard he was leading the NFC in votes for the pro bowl, not positive tho

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Nor is OL ignored.
    Stick around and read a few of my posts, I am either on them for screwing the pooch (early in the year) or praising them for doing good.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

hx38596 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Nor is OL ignored.
    Stick around and read a few of my posts, I am either on them for screwing the pooch (early in the year) or praising them for doing good.
    Yeah, the OL are NOT getting ignored at all in the most important category....
    When their huge monthly check comes rolling in, just about the largest combined for any O-line (USA Today).

And
    me thinks Richardson leads FB's, but i can't find it... just heard it.

Purple D is offline Starter

"hx38596" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Nor is OL ignored.
    Yeah, the OL are NOT getting ignored at all in the most important category....
    When their huge monthly check comes rolling in, just about the largest combined for any O-line (USA Today).

And
    me thinks Richardson leads FB's, but i can't find it... just heard it.
    Richardson should be leading the votes in the NFC,
    I don't think any other FB in the NFC is doing any better.
    He has been leading the way through the wholes our line has caused and helping AD and CT break some big runs.
    I would really like to see 5 or more Vikings in the Probowl this year.
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

These guys are as dominant a line as we've ever had. Ever since Childress named Herrera starter, they have come together. Tony Richarson has been knocking LBer's heads for a long time, and a trip to the pro-bowl for him would be well deserved. Keep paving the way guys.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"651Vikes" wrote:
    I don't want to sound like a broken record but...

I feel real good about the Vikings chances to get to the playoffs with this unit's production. Best running game in the league all because these guys are pretty dominant. They showed it again against the Lion's very good Defensive front. Richardson also does not get enough credit for this rushing attack as well. If you watch this guy, you will see him open up big holes for our backs consistenly.

Man, if they keep this up.. We would be the scariest team going into the playoffs.

I try not to compare teams to much, but we do somewhat mimic the Stealers of 2005. They had an dominant running game, dominant rushing defense, and a developing Big Ben. Although they had more proven talent in other areas too but we are in the NFC. They were struggling in the first half of the season looking for answers. But because of their play style, came back strong in the second half of the season and took it all the way. I'm excited! Don't slap me back to reality yet, I like this dream I'm in.

Anyways, I posted this to give props to our Offensive Line and Tony Richardson. Since people tend to forget to mention them in our Ws.
    Good post, I like your comparison to the 2005 steelers, I never though of that. Hopefully the vikings can have the same results(although winning the superbowl would be pretty darn tough if it's the patriots). More likely though they are just building towards a great 2008 season and beyond.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Even though I don't focus much on the offensive line play, its pretty obvious that great teams have great line play.
    Look at the best QB's in the league and look at the protection they get (NE, Indy, GB, Dallas).

I agree that the biggest thing we can point at for are last 2 dominating wins is the OL play.
    This is what we were expecting earlier in the season.
    Better late then never, hopefully it maintains, because they are making us a good team.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I anticipate them, based on his play this year and presumed progress next year, signing Cook to a long term contract sometime in the next year or so.

When that is done we will have a pretty damn good line for quiet a few years.

Hey, were are all the guys tired of watching this team be wasted at today?
    Wasted my ass.

"Anyone notice I have been a bit grumpy with my posts today?"
    Sorry for that.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Nor is OL ignored.
    I'm pretty sure you were placing all the blame no Childress

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast