Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Rice says he is ready to roll again

"Ranger" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Not to be a Negitive Nancy but this is the same purple shade thinking that lead many of us into thinking TJ would be a pro level Qb. Honestly,
    we have seen almost nothing from Rice to prove he will be anything but an Average WR. I remember the 1 TD catch from last year that realy set this board on fire. Since then he has been living off that catch. Honestly, I like the guy but he had 400 ards and 4 tds last year. Nothng more, nothing less. To say he is a solid wr is laughable. Te kid maybe good but he isnt an average wr yet.
    Yep.
    Rice hasn't shown anything on a consistent basis to lead me to believe that he's a "rising star", or any other ridiculous phrase that gets tossed around here.
    It's not to say that he will never emerge as a complete stud, but lets face reality for a moment.
    I'll start believing in him as a top guy when I see him emerge like Roddy White has the last two seasons.
    but what you guys are forgetting is that most recievers dont start off great in their careers.
    plus we are a running team. so he isnt going to get alot of passes thrown to him. hence not as many td's and catches and what not.

and this is only his 2nd season and ranger. you expect him to turn into someone like roddy white? if i recall correctly he didnt play good until LAST season.

but mark my words. give this kid a #1 reciever and a better quarterback. then we will see sydney rice improve more.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Chiller, on sirius last night, dodged the readiness of El Syd last night.

I for one don't want him active if he isn't 100% or close enough to that.
    If he can't get off the line clean he needs to keep his limp ass home and continue to rehab and give the roster spot to a player that is healthy.
    Sometimes I think he would make a better politician. I wonder if we will see more 4 WR sets if he gets on the field. I doubt it.

ragz is offline GM

listen, i'll make my decisions on him when i see him on the field and they involve him.
    this injury has lasted forever and even when hes come back a couple of times from it, he was hardly used.
    ill believe that this was a more serious injury and now hes back when i see him used.
    as for now, it appears to me childress has been going with other guys instead of him.
    willie parker is on his way back now, and i believe peterson came back quicker from similar injuries and they get hit on every play.

now rice just came out and said hes ready right?
    lets see if hes starting and how many balls get thrown to him.
    cuz none got thrown last week and apparently he played. i'm still skeptical about how bad this injury has been as compared to what childress prefers to do.
    now that hes said hes ready to play, which i believe is not the first time, lets see if he gets used.
    otherwise it might be another case of childress going with guys he prefers and in my opinion preventing development from another young player.
    might be jumping to conclusion a bit, but i guess i can be proven wrong the rest of the way.

"self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Not to be a Negitive Nancy but this is the same purple shade thinking that lead many of us into thinking TJ would be a pro level Qb. Honestly,
    we have seen almost nothing from Rice to prove he will be anything but an Average WR. I remember the 1 TD catch from last year that realy set this board on fire. Since then he has been living off that catch. Honestly, I like the guy but he had 400 ards and 4 tds last year. Nothng more, nothing less. To say he is a solid wr is laughable. Te kid maybe good but he isnt an average wr yet.
    Yep.
    Rice hasn't shown anything on a consistent basis to lead me to believe that he's a "rising star", or any other ridiculous phrase that gets tossed around here.
    It's not to say that he will never emerge as a complete stud, but lets face reality for a moment.
    I'll start believing in him as a top guy when I see him emerge like Roddy White has the last two seasons.
    but what you guys are forgetting is that most recievers dont start off great in their careers.
    plus we are a running team. so he isnt going to get alot of passes thrown to him. hence not as many td's and catches and what not.

and this is only his 2nd season and ranger. you expect him to turn into someone like roddy white? if i recall correctly he didnt play good until LAST season.

but mark my words. give this kid a #1 reciever and a better quarterback. then we will see sydney rice improve more.
    What you also are forgetting is Kevon has the uncanny ability to judge a player as a bust or rising star after only one season of play. Forget all about the vast majority of players who started out slow & didn't become great until their 3rd season. All those greats were just flukes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    He's actually well above average in terms of production.

He was second among rookies in receiving touchdowns last season, 10th among rookies in yards.

He had the same number of, or more touchdowns as: Deion Branch, Isaac Bruce, Chris Chambers, Calvin Johnson, Drew Bennett(who many wanted us to bring in in the offseason,) Anthony Gonzalez, Jeremy Shockey, Muhsin Muhammad, Donte Stallworth, and Santana Moss.

And he did it on the 28th ranked passing team in the NFL.

He caught 4 of our 12 passing TDs, had an average of 12.8 yards per catch, which isn't fantastic, but pretty good compared to our team average of 6.8.

I think he's doing a pretty solid job, and will be even better when he's back. Especially now that Berrian is starting to gain some respect.

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    The Chiller, on sirius last night, dodged the readiness of El Syd last night.

I for one don't want him active if he isn't 100% or close enough to that.
    If he can't get off the line clean he needs to keep his limp jiggly butt home and continue to rehab and give the roster spot to a player that is healthy.
    Sometimes I think he would make a better politician. I wonder if we will see more 4 WR sets if he gets on the field. I doubt it.
    why not? the more we spread em out the more they have to worry about the pass and take some pressure off AP. We should go 3-4 WR set every down ill say

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345