Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Rice says he is ready to roll again

"jdvike" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Now back the truck up guys........I am not saying he is a bust.
    I am just saying stay at home and get healthy.
    [glow=red,2,300]To think this cat can't become a very productive WR in this scheme is just crazy talk my friends.[/glow]..... ;D
    Time will tell I guess...ummm how much time?...they say a WR takes 2 or 3 years to develop...how long for Rice if he can't even get on the field?

I'm not saying hes a bust either he has loads of potential, but we've only seen just a smidgen of it because he can't stay healthy.
    Who the hell are they?

Judge by what you see, not by what "they" say. Fact is Rice has been a solid WR when on the field. To say he hasn't developed at all is cockinanny, because he has actually grown quickly when healthly.

Rice will be solid, just as he was before injury, and the scheme has extremely little to do with it.
    Yes that is all well and good but in the last 2 years...how many games has he missed?

I agree he has looked good when he played, I'm not disputing that...you guys are saying that when hes not injured he is great but...when is he not injured?

As for who the hell is they....the they are coaches and scouts that know a hell of a lot more than you or I.
    He's missed 6 NFL games out of 23(3 this year, 3 last year). He never missed a college game though. Injuries and illness happen, I'm not gonna throw him under the bus because he got the flu.

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [glow=red,2,300]To think this cat can't become a very productive WR in this scheme is just crazy talk my friends.[/glow]..... ;D
    Time will tell I guess...ummm how much time?...they say a WR takes 2 or 3 years to develop...how long for Rice if he can't even get on the field?

I'm not saying hes a bust either he has loads of potential, but we've only seen just a smidgen of it because he can't stay healthy.
    Who the hell are they?

Judge by what you see, not by what "they" say. Fact is Rice has been a solid WR when on the field. To say he hasn't developed at all is cockinanny, because he has actually grown quickly when healthly.

Rice will be solid, just as he was before injury, and the scheme has extremely little to do with it.
    Yes that is all well and good but in the last 2 years...how many games has he missed?

I agree he has looked good when he played, I'm not disputing that...you guys are saying that when hes not injured he is great but...when is he not injured?

As for who the hell is they....the they are coaches and scouts that know a hell of a lot more than you or I.
    He's missed 6 NFL games out of 23(3 this year, 3 last year). He never missed a college game though. Injuries and illness happen, I'm not gonna throw him under the bus because he got the flu.
    3 games this year? count em again...you certainly aren't including his appearance in the Bear game?...I don't know where they keep stats like how many games missed but it has to be close to 40%

The bottom line is this...the kid needs to stay on field,
    or he will never realize his full potential, and I've mentioned several times he has loads of it.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"jdvike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=48815.msg859147#msg859147 date=1225284108]

Who the hell are they?

3 games this year? count em again...you certainly aren't including his appearance in the Bear game?...I don't know where they keep stats like how many games missed but it has to be close to 40%

or he will never realize his full potential, and I've mentioned several times he has loads of it.

[/quote]
    I just pulled up his stats page and looked at the game logs, in the G column it has either a 1 or a 0, I counted the 0 as games missed, not sure if he actually played in all the games with a 1. He has started in 6 games, caught a pass in 13 games.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/sidneyrice/gamelogs?id=RIC161100&season=2008

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    [quote author=jdvike link=topic=48815.msg859151#msg859151 date=1225284563]

Who the hell are they?

[/quote]
    I just pulled up his stats page and looked at the game logs, in the G column it has either a 1 or a 0, I counted the 0 as games missed, not sure if he actually played in all the games with a 1. He has started in 6 games, caught a pass in 13 games.
    [/quote]

games with a 1 mean he saw the field that game.
    games with a 0 mean he didn't play, or didn't dress.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Sidney is a baller

He needs to bulk up and stay healthy

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    [quote author=V link=topic=48815.msg859156#msg859156 date=1225284786]

Who the hell are they?

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    That's what I thought, so he has missed 6 games.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    [quote author=jdvike link=topic=48815.msg859162#msg859162 date=1225285194]

Who the hell are they?

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

6 games in 2 years?
    Cut his ass!

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "jmcdon00" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    [quote author=jmcdon00 link=topic=48815.msg859189#msg859189 date=1225291002]
    [quote author=jdvike link=topic=48815.msg859162#msg859162 date=1225285194]

Who the hell are they?

[/quote]
    [/quote]

[/quote]
    [/quote]

6 games in 2 years?
    Cut his ass!
    [/quote]
    Well it's more like a year and a half and I never suggested we cut him.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

who cares, i think allison should be getting more burn anyway!!.. and whats happened to Ferg?
    He was our best blocking receiver spurring long runs for AD and he's been relegated to ST....

Rice will be ok, i'm not worried about games missed as injuries happen and most of the time are fluke.. unless its chronic like a knee or foot or something.. it's fluke when u hurt a shoulder heal up then hurt a knee, heal up then hurt a wrist....
    instead of hurting the same knee over and over again!!...

i know he has talent.. but he really hasn't showed a whole lot so far this year.. call it a sophmore jinx or what!!!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    who cares, i think allison should be getting more burn anyway!!.. and whats happened to Ferg?
    He was our best blocking receiver spurring long runs for AD and he's been relegated to ST....

Rice will be ok, i'm not worried about games missed as injuries happen and most of the time are fluke.. unless its chronic like a knee or foot or something.. it's fluke when u hurt a shoulder heal up then hurt a knee, heal up then hurt a wrist....
    instead of hurting the same knee over and over again!!...

i know he has talent.. but he really hasn't showed a whole lot so far this year.. call it a sophmore jinx or what!!!
    Ferg, LMAO. Receivers who can get open and catch passes are far more valuable than receivers who can only block. Duh.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast