Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Rice says he is ready to roll again

[size=13pt]Vikings' Rice says he is ready to roll again [/size]

Injuries have made the receiver a non-factor so far, but he says he finally is close to 100 percent healthy.

By CHIP SCOGGINS, Star Tribune

Last update: October 28, 2008 - 11:50 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Rice says he is ready to roll again

The Chiller, on sirius last night, dodged the readiness of El Syd last night.

I for one don't want him active if he isn't 100% or close enough to that.
    If he can't get off the line clean he needs to keep his limp ass home and continue to rehab and give the roster spot to a player that is healthy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

What is he going to roll? An Ankle or a twisty?

jdvike is offline Hall of Famer

or roll out on a stretcher.
    ;D

I had high hopes for Syd,
    but with all the injuries hes had, one has to question his heart...prove me wrong Sydney and play god damn it.

Now back the truck up guys........I am not saying he is a bust.
    I am just saying stay at home and get healthy.
    To think this cat can't become a very productive WR in this scheme is just crazy talk my friends...... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    [glow=red,2,300]To think this cat can't become a very productive WR in this scheme is just crazy talk my friends.[/glow]..... ;D
    Time will tell I guess...ummm how much time?...they say a WR takes 2 or 3 years to develop...how long for Rice if he can't even get on the field?

I'm not saying hes a bust either he has loads of potential, but we've only seen just a smidgen of it because he can't stay healthy.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [glow=red,2,300]To think this cat can't become a very productive WR in this scheme is just crazy talk my friends.[/glow]..... ;D
    Time will tell I guess...ummm how much time?...they say a WR takes 2 or 3 years to develop...how long for Rice if he can't even get on the field?

I'm not saying hes a bust either he has loads of potential, but we've only seen just a smidgen of it because he can't stay healthy.
    Who the hell are they?

Judge by what you see, not by what "they" say. Fact is Rice has been a solid WR when on the field. To say he hasn't developed at all is cockinanny, because he has actually grown quickly when healthly.

Rice will be solid, just as he was before injury, and the scheme has extremely little to do with it.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Who the hell are they?

Judge by what you see, not by what "they" say. Fact is Rice has been a solid WR when on the field. To say he hasn't developed at all is cockinanny, because he has actually grown quickly when healthly.

Rice will be solid, just as he was before injury, and the scheme has extremely little to do with it.
    Yes that is all well and good but in the last 2 years...how many games has he missed?

I agree he has looked good when he played, I'm not disputing that...you guys are saying that when hes not injured he is great but...when is he not injured?

As for who the hell is they....the they are coaches and scouts that know a hell of a lot more than you or I.

"V" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Who the hell are they?

I have been on the "Beat the coaches down" soapbox for about 3 weeks or so now.
    To date I haven't pinged on our WR's coach.

Our youngsters are developing nicely.
    That sight adjustment and double move AA did in the Lions game was a thing of beauty, just to bad that Gus didn't make the right read.

Long story short, we have a nice group of receivers developing here.
    We just need a QB to throw to them.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "jdvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Who the hell are they?

I have been on the "Beat the coaches down" soapbox for about 3 weeks or so now.
    To date I haven't pinged on our WR's coach.

Our youngsters are developing nicely.
    That sight adjustment and double move AA did in the Lions game was a thing of beauty, just to bad that Gus didn't make the right read.

Long story short, we have a nice group of receivers developing here.
    We just need a QB to throw to them.
    We have one... unfortunately the QB Coach and HC have scared him with the "NEVER turn the ball over" mantra to the point he didn't feel he could be aggressive enough to pull the trigger.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast