Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Rice has chance to excel for Vikings

[size=13pt]Rice has chance to excel for Vikings[/size]

Monday, June 30, 2008

Posted by John McMullen
    realfootball365.com

If you happened to mention the University of South Carolina while passing through Minnesota over the past few years, you probably were shot a dirty look...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Rice has chance to excel for Vikings

Thanks for the read my friend.

It would be easy to rip on the old regime in town for taking a guy who simply couldn't catch the football to replace the generation's best receiver, Randy Moss. But Williamson actually had decent hands when he arrived in Minnesota and got progressively worse as his fragile mental makeup took over.
    I get it now, its the Chillers fault he couldn't catch the damn thing.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

It would be easy to rip on the old regime in town for taking a guy who simply couldn't catch the football to replace the generation's best receiver, Randy Moss. But Williamson actually had decent hands when he arrived in Minnesota and got progressively worse as his fragile mental makeup took over.

:
    I wouldn't let the Chiller take the hit for this one.
    He wasn't that great under Tice either.

At least he is someone elses problem now.
    We have what seems to be a pretty formidable WR group that can actually catch the rock.
    If TJ becomes poised and accurate I look for this offense to become a very balanced run / pass attack.
    Opposing defenses will have a tough time planning unless they try the old blitz on every play again.
    Then we will see exactly how matured TJ has become (if he really has).

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

:
    LOL! How did you drag Childress' name out of that.

He simply stated it was a mental problem & all in his head that caused him to drop passes. Nothing different than many of us here stated.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I get it now, its the Chillers fault he couldn't catch the gol 'darnit thing.

:

He simply stated it was a mental problem & all in his head that caused him to drop passes. Nothing different than many of us here stated.
    My apologies but that line brought out the sarcastic side of me.

I failed to put in the (Sarcasim alert) loophole again.
    Seems I suck at sarcasim as no one gets it unless I do.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:
    I wouldn't let the Chiller take the hit for this one.
    He wasn't that great under Tice either.

At least he is someone elses problem now.
    We have what seems to be a pretty formidable WR group that can actually catch the rock.
    If TJ becomes poised and accurate I look for this offense to become a very balanced run / pass attack.
    Opposing defenses will have a tough time planning unless they try the old blitz on every play again.
    Then we will see exactly how matured TJ has become (if he really has).
    I know that my friend.
    Seems the author doesn't though and that is what brought out my sarcastic response.
    ;D

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

No sophmore slump for Rice, as he begins his second campaign as a starter he will prove himself to be a clutch go to guy, and I expect great things from him and our other WR's this year. With the light switch turned on for Tarvaris, teams will pay early on when they stack the box against our rushing attack.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

;D
    Even if you were being sarcastic, the reference to Childress comes from nowhere.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

;D
    Even if you were being sarcastic, the reference to Childress comes from nowhere.
    Well, possibly a reach, but from "Nowhere", I'm not so sure.
    He does mention the previous regime, says Williamson had decent hands, and then says he went to shit.

A stretch yes, however, if one were to read between the lines (or words here) you could see a bit of the blamed laid at the current coaching staffs feet.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

:

;D
    Well, possibly a reach, but from "Nowhere", I'm not so sure.
    He does mention the previous regime, says Williamson had decent hands, and then says he went to shit.

A stretch yes, however, if one were to read between the lines (or words here) you could see a bit of the blamed laid at the current coaching staffs feet.
    When he mentions how Williamson got progressively worse, the only reason I see is "fragile mental makeup." Never does he shed bad light on the current regime in any way. He even writes as though Childress regretted having to bench Troy during the Denver game. I think you are twisting words, but lets just agree to disagree.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast