Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rice emerging in 3rd year for Vikings

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    The first three completed passes that Favre threw against the Ravens D were all off target.
    Two great catches by Sidney Rice and one great catch by Shank and the Vikes have a TD.
    Thank you.

That gaff in the end zone were he launched it over his head when El Syd screened the defender (perfectly by the way) was also one that everyone seems to want to forget.

Again, Noodle arm will throw it.
    Sometimes it will be on target, sometimes it won't.
    That is typical of all QB's at some point, but gol 'darnit, why can't some on here get thier head out of his jiggly butt enough to see that this team is alot better than last years team and it isn't just ole Noodle arm either.
    it must be our blocking right?

You have to give him credit.

Peterson has 7 TD's so far on the year, most of them have been shorter gains in the redzone.
    At this point last year he had 2.
    Why the increase?
    Do you think its perhaps because defenses are playing the pass near the goal line?
    They can't focus on stopping peterson, because unlike TJ, Favre can squeeze the ball in for a score.

Obviously, its not all Favre, but a huge percentage of the credit should go to him and how well he's played the first 6 weeks.
    You know I will always side with the "Team Effort" explanations.

We are still seeing just as many stacked boxes My Farvish Friend.
    The Noodle hasn't alleviate that.
    S's, even if they aren't deep in the box, aren't as deep as you typically would see, again, Noodle isn't making them play deep.

My guess on the increase is more along the lines of effort/improvement on the OL's part with some credit to AD being more patient/setting up his blocks, increased blocking by WR's and yes, even the Noodle.
    ;D
    True but maybe they will start playing deeper.
    Or maybe we will see more BF to Rice.

Safties were playing the run on that 60 yard pass.
    Sounds like that was happening most of the game. Same link as above post explains it.
    Mayock dissects the play:
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Vikings-report

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    The first three completed passes that Favre threw against the Ravens D were all off target.
    Two great catches by Sidney Rice and one great catch by Shank and the Vikes have a TD.
    Thank you.

That gaff in the end zone were he launched it over his head when El Syd screened the defender (perfectly by the way) was also one that everyone seems to want to forget.

That is typical of all QB's at some point, but gol 'darnit, why can't some on here get thier head out of his jiggly butt enough to see that this team is alot better than last years team and it isn't just ole Noodle arm either.

Peterson has 7 TD's so far on the year, most of them have been shorter gains in the redzone.
    Why the increase?
    Do you think its perhaps because defenses are playing the pass near the goal line?
    They can't focus on stopping peterson, because unlike TJ, Favre can squeeze the ball in for a score.

Obviously, its not all Favre, but a huge percentage of the credit should go to him and how well he's played the first 6 weeks.

S's, even if they aren't deep in the box, aren't as deep as you typically would see, again, Noodle isn't making them play deep.

My guess on the increase is more along the lines of effort/improvement on the OL's part with some credit to AD being more patient/setting up his blocks, increased blocking by WR's and yes, even the Noodle.
    ;D

Sounds like that was happening most of the game. Same link as above post explains it.
    I was just gonna post that.

Really shows what faith Favre has in Rice, some of the comments "sidney was one on one, and thats an advantage, no matter who's covering him"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Yfz01 link=topic=53766.msg1008002#msg1008002 date=1256224537]
    Thank you.

Why the increase?

;D

Really shows what faith Favre has in Rice, some of the comments "sidney was one on one, and thats an advantage, no matter who's covering him"
    [/quote]

Just put it up and let him get it

"V4L" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53766.msg1008006#msg1008006 date=1256224987]
    Thank you.

Why the increase?

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

He isn't quite Moss yet.

I like Sid the Kid, especially the one that isn't hurt.
    Knock on wood!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=i_bleed_purple link=topic=53766.msg1008013#msg1008013 date=1256225773]
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=53766.msg1008006#msg1008006 date=1256224987]
    Thank you.

Why the increase?

;D

[/quote]

[/quote]

He isn't quite Moss yet.

I like Sid the Kid, especially the one that isn't hurt.
    Knock on wood!

[/quote]

no, he's no moss, but he's like a poor mans Fitz.
    He's got a tall frame, and has great jumping ability.
    He could win a jump ball against any DB in the league.

Chilly had good thing to say with PA on KFAN a few minutes ago.

Hard worker.
    Great in the pass.
    Great in the run (blocking).

Main reason for his third year success is "a healthy Sid."

Still think the QB has something to do with that too.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent reads My Farvish Friend.

Funny how a healthy knee and a few reps (3 years worth) will help a cat become almost NFL ready.
    Funny how some have no patience for young guys and expect something a bit sooner (like instant production) these days.

By the By, props to V, hes the only one so far......
    Where the hell is that cricket thing.
    ;D
    Funny how a real QB can help the WRs succeed...
    +1.

And it isn't even about accuracy but leadership and leading in the huddle. The leadership that can teach a young WR ( You mean Brett is TEACHING young players something? Whodathunkit from a self centered egotist) how to handle certain scenarios and how they can exploit certain coverages.

The sad part is that what Brett is doing isn't groundbreaking or revolutionary, just what a QB should be expected to do and what we have been lacking for far too long.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast