Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Rice emerging in 3rd year for Vikings

"Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Excellent reads My Farvish Friend.

Funny how a healthy knee and a few reps (3 years worth) will help a cat become almost NFL ready.
    Funny how some have no patience for young guys and expect something a bit sooner (like instant production) these days.

By the By, props to V, hes the only one so far......
    Where the hell is that cricket thing.

;D
    Funny how a real QB can help the WRs succeed...
    True, that is a big part of it.
    That 60 yard throw and all the 20 something post that
    he has caught wouldn't have happened last year, not because of Rice.
    Yes, because of Rice.
    People are seeming to forget that Rice was HURT for 90% of the season last year.
    That alone limited his effectiveness, regardless of who the QB was.

=Z=
    Wait, didn't you hear, Rice wasn't hurt last year....... ;D
    (Sarcasim alert)
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

The first three completed passes that Favre threw against the Ravens D were all off target.
    Two great catches by Sidney Rice and one great catch by Shank and the Vikes have a TD.

"Yfz01" wrote:
    The first three completed passes that Favre threw against the Ravens D were all off target.
    Two great catches by Sidney Rice and one great catch by Shank and the Vikes have a TD.
    Thank you.

That gaff in the end zone were he launched it over his head when El Syd screened the defender (perfectly by the way) was also one that everyone seems to want to forget.

Again, Noodle arm will throw it.
    Sometimes it will be on target, sometimes it won't.
    That is typical of all QB's at some point, but damn, why can't some on here get thier head out of his ass enough to see that this team is alot better than last years team and it isn't just ole Noodle arm either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Funny how a healthy knee and a few reps (3 years worth) will help a cat become almost NFL ready.
    Funny how some have no patience for young guys and expect something a bit sooner (like instant production) these days.

;D
    Yes, because of Rice.
    People are seeming to forget that Rice was HURT for 90% of the season last year.

=Z=
    Injury or no injury, wouldn't have happened last year for Rice!

BTW, it should be a given that we all know that Rice was hurt.
    I am assuming that people read the articles that are in this thread.
    They did a nice comparison or how he beat his yardage total from last season in just one game last Sunday, the injury was mentioned.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Thank you.

That gaff in the end zone were he launched it over his head when El Syd screened the defender (perfectly by the way) was also one that everyone seems to want to forget.

That is typical of all QB's at some point, but damn, why can't some on here get thier head out of his ass enough to see that this team is alot better than last years team and it isn't just ole Noodle arm either.
    it must be our blocking right?

You have to give him credit.

Peterson has 7 TD's so far on the year, most of them have been shorter gains in the redzone.
    At this point last year he had 2.
    Why the increase?
    Do you think its perhaps because defenses are playing the pass near the goal line?
    They can't focus on stopping peterson, because unlike TJ, Favre can squeeze the ball in for a score.

Obviously, its not all Favre, but a huge percentage of the credit should go to him and how well he's played the first 6 weeks.

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Thank you.

That is typical of all QB's at some point, but gol 'darnit, why can't some on here get thier head out of his jiggly butt enough to see that this team is alot better than last years team and it isn't just ole Noodle arm either.

Peterson has 7 TD's so far on the year, most of them have been shorter gains in the redzone.
    Why the increase?
    Do you think its perhaps because defenses are playing the pass near the goal line?
    They can't focus on stopping peterson, because unlike TJ, Favre can squeeze the ball in for a score.

Obviously, its not all Favre, but a huge percentage of the credit should go to him and how well he's played the first 6 weeks.
    Team effort!

They feed off each other, AD and BF.

Guys on NFLN argued the other day that BF got more benefit than AD in this relationship.
    I think it is debatable. Then again to me it doesn't matter, chicken or egg.
    I just like the results, Ws.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Thank you.

That is typical of all QB's at some point, but gol 'darnit, why can't some on here get thier head out of his jiggly butt enough to see that this team is alot better than last years team and it isn't just ole Noodle arm either.

Why the increase?

Team effort!

They feed off each other, AD and BF.

Guys on NFLN argued the other day that BF got more benefit than AD in this relationship.
    I think it is debatable. Then again to me it doesn't matter, chicken or egg.
    I just like the results, Ws.
    it could be argued either way, but I think teams have noticed recently, that if they stick 8 or 9 in the box vs. Peterson, Favre can still make you pay.
    first two weeks, not so much, but lately he has.

They do feed off each other, Try to stop Favre and Peterson will hurt you on the ground (having a record year so far).
    Try and stop Peterson and favre can pick you apart through the air (having a record low for interceptions so far )

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Thank you.

Why the increase?

You know I will always side with the "Team Effort" explanations.

We are still seeing just as many stacked boxes my friend.
    The Noodle hasn't alleviate that.
    S's, even if they aren't deep in the box, aren't as deep as you typically would see, again, Noodle isn't making them play deep.

My guess on the increase is more along the lines of effort/improvement on the OL's part with some credit to AD being more patient/setting up his blocks, increased blocking by WR's and yes, even the Noodle.
    ;D

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Yes, because of Rice.

=Z=

BTW, it should be a given that we all know that Rice was hurt.
    They did a nice comparison or how he beat his yardage total from last season in just one game last Sunday, the injury was mentioned.
    He didn't have this relationship last year.
    It is necessary for success.
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-networ...Vikings-report

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    Yes, because of Rice.

=Z=

[size=10pt]BTW, it should be a given that we all know that Rice was hurt.[/size]
    There were several on here that I "Discussed" this with at great length (V is the only one so far man enough to admit he was one of them) to the point I posted article after article on it.

Guess what, they still poooooh poooohed it away.
    My cricket statement is for them.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast