Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Rice catches on with Vikings

[size=13pt]7. Gaffney’s Rice catches on with Vikings[/size]

Staff reports
    goupstate.com

Published: Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sidney Rice paced the floor at Jocks & Jills Sports Grill in Charlotte, N.C., for eight hours, waiting for his name to scroll across the bottom of a big-screen TV.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Rice catches on with Vikings

I like Rice and really hope he becomes our top WR in the future, but 31 catches for less than 400 yards in the season isn't exactly lighting the league on fire. Hopefully we can get to the point where he can turn in 100 yard performances weekly.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I like Rice and really hope he becomes our top WR in the future, but 31 catches for less than 400 yards in the season isn't exactly lighting the league on fire. Hopefully we can get to the point where he can turn in 100 yard performances weekly.
    This is true but you can't blame Rice for that.
    It wasn't as though any Viking WR had a chance to light the league on fire this year.
    Remember they are a run first team right now and as the QB position gets better so will the WR stats.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    It wasn't as though any Viking WR had a chance to light the league on fire this year.
    Remember they are a run first team right now and as the QB position gets better so will the WR stats.
    Very nice EJ.
    If our QB play was better everyones stats (including the TE's, RB's) would be better.
    Lets hope this is solved for next year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Very nice EJ.
    If our QB play was better everyones stats (including the TE's, RB's) would be better.
    Marrdro -
    What do you think the team should do?

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Very nice EJ.
    Marrdro -
    I want one thing.

I want the front office to come out and tell us fans what thier plan is.
    Are we gonna have to go through another "Developmental" year or are they gonna try to fix the holes we have via FA and draft for Depth/future stars.

I am tired of all the speculation that comes from not having the most basic of information.

It about time the PR department does thier damn job and tell us what is going on.

Tell me I have to suck it up one more year and I will suck it up, but they gotta come out and say it.
    ;D

As to on the field, I want a DE, better option at QB and our team will win at least 3 more games then they did this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I disagree. I don't feel like they have to tell us anything. They don't need to show their cards before they need to. If they tell us that we're going with a different direction with our QB, then when we contact the Eagles about McNabb, they will have the leverage because they know we're not content with sticking with what we have.

We will know everything in time.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    I like Rice and expect him to make a big step up next season... assuming we sort out the QB position. If he gets the chances then more often than not I reckon he will come down with the ball.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"happy" wrote:
    I disagree. I don't feel like they have to tell us anything. They don't need to show their cards before they need to. If they tell us that we're going with a different direction with our QB, then when we contact the Eagles about McNabb, they will have the leverage because they know we're not content with sticking with what we have.

We will know everything in time.
    You are right camper, I don't expect them to tell us everything ala Meathead but as I stated in my post.
    I want them to tell us the basic plan.
    Keep focusing on developing what they have, getting aggressive in FA etc etc.
    That doesn't let the cat out of the bag my friend and it will go along way towards quelling some of the jibberish that is distro'd by the local sports hacks which in turn stirs up the masses.

They attempted to do it earlier this year and did a terrible job of doing it.
    Maybe that is why they hired thier new PR director so that they can get it right.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "UffDaVikes" wrote:
    Very nice EJ.
    Marrdro -
    I want one thing.

I want the front office to come out and tell us fans what thier plan is.
    Are we gonna have to go through another "Developmental" year or are they gonna try to fix the holes we have via FA and draft for Depth/future stars.

I am tired of all the speculation that comes from not having the most basic of information.

It about time the PR department does thier damn job and tell us what is going on.

Tell me I have to suck it up one more year and I will suck it up, but they gotta come out and say it.
    ;D

As to on the field, I want a DE, better option at QB and our team will win at least 3 more games then they did this year.
    It seems to me that when some of us wanted to bring in FA QB's, that you were the voice that told us we were rebuilding and to be patient with TJ and the WR's, that they would have bad games as a consequence of their inexperience, and that that experience would position the team to be a contender next year and into the future.

It seems to me that the team is right on track for you in what they have done and that another draft and a few free agent signings should continue to let the team develop. No sense in blowing it up now. Stay the coarse Marr, the future is in front of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast