Thread: Rhys Lloyd

LAVike is offline Pro-Bowler

Rhys Lloyd

Not sure if this topic has been posted before, but after watching kickoffs yesterday, it sure as hell is pertinent . . .

What about drafting Rhys Lloyd, the Gopher's kicker/punter, next year? He's got a great leg. When I watched the game against Colorado State, he nearly booted a kickoff into the stands. Now, grant it kickoffs are a little deeper in the NFL, he still consistently drives the ball deep. He's also good from 50+. He's clutch: kicked the game winner against Wisconsin last year. Not to mention, his dual threat as a punter. Theoretically, we could open a roster spot with him on the team (1 player for two spots, instead of 3 players for 2 spots like we have now). Of course, people are going to say that he's not that great of a punter, or whatever. But his unorthodox style completely fools defenses. He faked twice in one game and ran for first downs . . . the kid's actually got some moves on him too--shook a couple of tackles in the process. He's been booming his punts further than Darren Bennett.

Think about the possibilities. I know it's dreaming a little, but it's not that far-fetched. We've got two old guys getting us by right now . . . why not replace them next year with the Bad Brit from Dover?
    "Veni, Vidi, Vikings!"--Julius Caesar

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Rhys Lloyd

This guy's a rugby player, right? I've only seen highlights, but he does look pretty good. He lives to run the ball, and see contact, on fake punts, LOL. It gets him pumped up.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Rhys Lloyd

I don't think we should draft him unless it is the 7th round. But going after him as a FA rookie would be a great idea!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

packmanxxxi is offline Asst. Coach

Rhys Lloyd

Hmmmm.... ironic you are talking about this after ripping th ePackers for drafting a punter/kicker this year... did it work out? Not yet.. but not such a bad idea now is it?
    3 Straight Division Champs

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Rhys Lloyd

Punter in the 3rd round Packman is crazy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Rhys Lloyd

Hey packman, how many punts does that 3rd rounder have this year? Case closed!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Rhys Lloyd

The Vikes had a punter who did kickoffs, remember. Then he got too expensive and was let go. All of a sudden, the Vikes had a kicker who couldn't do kickoffs and were left with no alternative but to get rid of him too. Back to square one. The best solution is to find a kicker that can both kick off and make field goals, and leave the punting to the punter. DB is a good enough punter, so the Vikes should just go out and find a kicker who can do both kickoffs and field goals. Seems simple to me.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE