Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Ah, but we didn't know that the week after the draft.

We know the outcome of all our drafts already, except our last two, so claiming this is our best draft ever without seeing anything out of these players is premature.

It looks really good on paper the week after the draft, but so did a lot of others, until we saw how they played out.

Now that Harvin is gone & many fans calling him a cancer, how do they grade that pick? Great pick? Bust?

Valid points singer. We can say we had a great draft in relation to where these guys were projected to go and where we picked them, but we will not truly know how great a draft it was for a few years.
    I thought the Harvin pick was a nice pick until all the stories of his behavior began to come out. Then i wanted him gone. Funny how all teams of any sport do that. The negative side of a star athlete is covered up by the team, until they want to get rid of them. Then they begin to let them slip out to bring fan opinion on their side. I saw that play out here in Chicago with Sammy Sosa. He was a god to Cub fans until the team decided they no longer wanted him, then bits of stories began to show up in the media and voila, the fans didn't mind them dumping him.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    And your now saying that you didn't?
    I never did (no winks) THat's something you invented. I just wanted a guy who can block reliably. We now have that. Felton is pretty much exactly what I want in a FB. Don't need him to run, don' need him to catch. Just block.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Well, considering I an a huge secondary fan and after watching the secondary set an all time record for futility in the turnover dept just a few short years ago you can bet your candy ass that I can smell what the FO and coaching staff is cooking and I am looking forward to seeing them lay the smack down on a few offenses this year.

I have not been this excited to watch the defense since probably when Denny Green was hired.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    I never did (no winks) THat's something you invented. I just wanted a guy who can block reliably. We now have that. Felton is pretty much exactly what I want in a FB. Don't need him to run, don' need him to catch. Just block.
    Comeon, after I showed you clips of Toby blocking, you then added things about how great a "Weapon" T-rich was my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcdon00 View Post
    Far from a bust. We got a great player for 4 years, and then got a first rounder for him. I'll take that every time.
    Over 7,000 all purpose yards and 29TDs in 4 years.
    OK, I can live with that but it would have been better if he would have continued with us....

Rookie MVP, in the MVP voting last year (even with Ponder throwing him the ball), etc etc etc.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234