marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Revisiting the big Vikings-Packers trade

April 21, 2009 3:58 PM
    Posted by ESPN.com's Kevin Seifert

Flynn beat out second-round pick Brian Brohm to be the Packers' No. 2 quarterback. He saw action in three games at quarterback and is expected to compete again with Brohm for the backup job behind starter Aaron Rodgers.
    http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcnorth/0-10-109/Revisiting-the-big-Vikings-Packers-trade--really-.html

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Revisiting the big Vikings-Packers trade

We might never have a "winner" in this trade. If the outcome of a game ever comes down to a showdown between Booty and Flynn, well, let's just say both teams will have bigger problems to write about.
    yeah this.
    We're bringing purple back.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Way to early to tell on this one. Flynn may actually turn out to be a serviceable QB someday. Nothing great but manages to stick around for a solid career, unspectacular career.

We might never have a "winner" in this trade. If the outcome of a game ever comes down to a showdown between Booty and Flynn, well, let's just say both teams will have bigger problems to write about.
    You never know when one of these guys suddenly steps up his game. I actually like Flynn. 4th-7th round guys can work out pretty well beyond being career back-ups.

Matt Hasselbeck - 184th Pick, 6th Round
    Mark Brunell - 118th Pick, 5th Round
    Tom Brady - 199th Pick, 6th Round
    Jeff Hostetler - Pick 59, 3rd Round (Bit earlier than the rest, but you get my point)

Ofcourse, for all of these guys there are about 20 who turn out to be crap. Still, these guys get written off way too fast, way too often.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

The crux of the deal was the Vikings moving up to take Booty, whom they considered an excellent fit for their offense. He spent the season as their No. 3 quarterback and is not considered an option to start in 2009
    LOL, not considered an option huh?
    Wonder how JDB feels about that?
    :

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/pla...rt=NFl&id=4732
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    You never know when one of these guys suddenly steps up his game. I actually like Flynn. 4th-7th round guys can work out pretty well beyond being career back-ups.

Jeff Hostetler - Pick 59, 3rd Round (Bit earlier than the rest, but you get my point)

Ofcourse, for all of these guys there are about 20 who turn out to be crap. Still, these guys get written off way too fast, way too often.
    Tyler Thigpen

You are right though there are a few diamonds in the rough. I think that this year there are a couple of those that could be a serviceable QB for a team down the road.

"Garland" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Tyler Thigpen

You are right though there are a few diamonds in the rough. I think that this year there are a couple of those that could be a serviceable QB for a team down the road.
    I totally agree. Thigpen is way underrated. This is gonna sound quite dumb, looking at their track records, but I'd have nearly just as much faith in Thigpen as I'd have in Cassell if I where a GM. Cassell played with a team that the year before should've go down as one of the best in the modern era (Ofcourse, the lost SB makes this arguable). Thigpen played with a less than stellar team and got some nice passes off, combined with showing an ability to move.

Maybe it's just my dislike for Cassell and his potential, in my opinion ofcourse, to be a bust in KC.

Anyway, this is a guy that Chilly could've really groomed while Sage or TJ started. A 'shame' he's gone.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

"Rockmolder" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Rockmolder" wrote:

Tyler Thigpen

I totally agree. Thigpen is way underrated. This is gonna sound quite dumb, looking at their track records, but I'd have nearly just as much faith in Thigpen as I'd have in Cassell if I where a GM. Cassell played with a team that the year before should've go down as one of the best in the modern era (Ofcourse, the lost SB makes this arguable). Thigpen played with a less than stellar team and got some nice passes off, combined with showing an ability to move.

Maybe it's just my dislike for Cassell and his potential, in my opinion ofcourse, to be a bust in KC.

Anyway, this is a guy that Chilly could've really groomed while Sage or TJ started. A 'shame' he's gone.
    couldn't agree more. If cassel does have a year simular to lat year then he is the real deal, if not he will just be a product of the system and we could very well see Thigpen as teh starting QB