Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Review the depth chart post draft

PPE did leave out that we got Herrera back. But I think we need to bring in some more competition at OL and DT

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"singersp" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=PurplePeopleEaters link=topic=33755.msg572845#msg572845 date=1177940342]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=33755.msg572843#msg572843 date=1177940238]
    Am I the only one concerned about the lack of or non-existant depth at the tackle & guard positions?
    No. It's only logical that we sign 2 or 3 more guys just for depth. Maybe some undrafted FA's. I highly doubt we go into the season with basically no backups.
    You would think Childess would have addressed that int the later rounds of the draft.

How good of a guard or tackle are you going to get from an undrafted player? I think there is a pressing need to shore up that right side.
    As the 53 man deadline approaches there will be guys walking the plank from around the league.
    The offseason is far from over.
    You need to have quality to go along with that availability, not just a body.
    Well, it's not like we're signing starters. A few june 1st cuts for depth would be fine.
    [/quote]

It's the starters I'm worried about. Perhaps if they move Johnson over & take hicks out, his play will improve. Cook is still unproven at a RT position, but he did play well when Childress put him in there.

Either way, I hope they can stay healthy. Any injury on the right side could make for a huge problem there.
    [/quote]

I still have a feeling that with all of the depth at RB and Safety, perhaps we'll get some O linemen in trades. At least that's my hope. I would think we'd get someone decent for say, a Mewelde at least.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=33755.msg572850#msg572850 date=1177940535]
    [quote author=PurplePeopleEaters link=topic=33755.msg572845#msg572845 date=1177940342]
    Am I the only one concerned about the lack of or non-existant depth at the tackle & guard positions?
    No. It's only logical that we sign 2 or 3 more guys just for depth. Maybe some undrafted FA's. I highly doubt we go into the season with basically no backups.
    You would think Childess would have addressed that int the later rounds of the draft.

How good of a guard or tackle are you going to get from an undrafted player? I think there is a pressing need to shore up that right side.
    As the 53 man deadline approaches there will be guys walking the plank from around the league.
    Well, it's not like we're signing starters. A few june 1st cuts for depth would be fine.
    [/quote]

It's the starters I'm worried about. Perhaps if they move Johnson over & take hicks out, his play will improve. Cook is still unproven at a RT position, but he did play well when Childress put him in there.

Either way, I hope they can stay healthy. Any injury on the right side could make for a huge problem there.
    [/quote]

I still have a feeling that with all of the depth at RB and Safety, perhaps we'll get some O linemen in trades. At least that's my hope. I would think we'd get someone decent for say, a Mewelde at least.
    [/quote]

Good point.
    MeMo is ripe for the trade block and I'll be glad to see him go.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "The" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=Prophet link=topic=33755.msg572853#msg572853 date=1177940722]
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=33755.msg572850#msg572850 date=1177940535]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Good point.
    MeMo is ripe for the trade block and I'll be glad to see him go.
    [/quote]

I wonder who would take him. He had a really good relationship with Tice, so maybe Jacksonville.

But still considering trades now is all heavily speculative.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I don't think we should convert either Safety into a corner, that's what Tampa and New Orleans tried doing with Dwight Smith I believe and he got beat badly time and time again. Doss has a flag on him about being suspect on deep balls because he is a bit slow for a Safety, I doubt that will make him a good corner, same deal with Blue as well.

I think we should release Smith actually, we have Doss and Williams to fight for the starting SS spot and seeing as Sharper is given his job, he can move back to his normal position.

I think Fason is let go, Udeze may be let go, not likely and I hope he isn't but it's possible. Henson will probably be let go, Whitaker for sure...Carter, Hankton, Lowber, Nance and McMullen will most likely be cut, 1 or 2 might be added to practice squad. I see Rod Davis being cut as well because we still have Jason Glenn who is a great Special Teamer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234