StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Revenue Sharing to End in 2010: Effect on Vikings

One of the reasons that parking at the new Texas Stadium costs $ 85 and a pizza will set you back $ 60 is that Jerry Jones (aka "Satan") wants to - it appears - destroy revenue sharing and the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreeement) and go back to the pre-1995 days when the league did not have salary caps and revenue sharing. Jones is even trying to convince Wilf to build a new stadium to be able to survive as a "medium-market team" in this new environment, which Jones is attempting to create - of platinum-plated stadiums that cost $ 1 billion and can attract the best talent. I personally don't want to go back to the bad old days when Dallas could just buy the best talent the way the NY Yankees do.

The new CBA is coming up after the 2009 season, and they are saying that they will change it maybe to what Jones wants.

Please tell me this won't happen...

Re: Revenue Sharing to End in 2010: Effect on Vikings

"StillPurple" wrote:
    One of the reasons that parking at the new Texas Stadium costs $ 85 and a pizza will set you back $ 60 is that Jerry Jones (aka "Satan") wants to - it appears - destroy revenue sharing and the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreeement) and go back to the pre-1995 days when the league did not have salary caps and revenue sharing. Jones is even trying to convince Wilf to build a new stadium to be able to survive as a "medium-market team" in this new environment, which Jones is attempting to create - of platinum-plated stadiums that cost $ 1 billion and can attract the best talent. [shadow=red,left]I personally don't want to go back to the bad old days when Dallas could just buy the best talent the way the NY Yankees do.
    [/shadow]
    The new CBA is coming up after the 2009 season, and they are saying that they will change it maybe to what Jones wants.

Amen brother, there's nothing more annoying than the Yanks and there bankroll.
    I bet you could use a cool one huh Clark...Now you're talkin Eddie...

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    One of the reasons that parking at the new Texas Stadium costs $ 85 and a pizza will set you back $ 60 is that Jerry Jones (aka "Satan") wants to - it appears - destroy revenue sharing and the CBA (Collective Bargaining Agreeement) and go back to the pre-1995 days when the league did not have salary caps and revenue sharing. Jones is even trying to convince Wilf to build a new stadium to be able to survive as a "medium-market team" in this new environment, which Jones is attempting to create - of platinum-plated stadiums that cost $ 1 billion and can attract the best talent. I personally don't want to go back to the bad old days when Dallas could just buy the best talent the way the NY Yankees do.

If it does then the team might as well move because there isn't enough revenue here to compete with NY, Dallas, DC etc. We can build any stadium they can dream up and in the ned we will still be a developmental club for the elite teams just like the Twins are.

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

I am just going to laugh when "Satan's Team" (Dallas) is like 4-7 and charging $ 85 to park and $ 15 for a hamburger. We'll have to see if they can fill all those seats. And look at their schedule, they are not going to the playoffs this year, and will most likely end up 8-8.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

By the way I'm pretty sure its $90 for that pizza. Jerry Jones is realizing there is a reason they haven't went to the playoffs in years is because they can't buy their team. They need to keep revenue sharing, but the CBA needs to follow the NBA. I love what the rookie system does in the NBA, there are no holdouts and the vets get paid the most instead of the rookies. Could you imagine if baseball had revenue sharing? More teams would be more competitive. The Yankees would not be the powerhouse they are now. The Twins (although the Pohlads probably wouldn't spend any of the money) and other teams could be more competitive every year.

Jerry Jones is going to be the new Al Davis... the two most annoying men in sports.