Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The return of Onterrio Smith

Bennett and Moe Williams will be for sure gone next season.. With the contract that we just gave Chester Taylor, I am sure it is safe to say that he will be our starter next year.. Smith has done to much to just get a shot at starting again. If he would have stayed straight, we may have been in a better position running the ball last season.. Moore was hurt, Bennett was hurt, Fason was a rookie. Imagine if he would have been here last season. I say give it to Taylor, and have Moore, and Smith fight for the backup role..

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I think automatically its Taylors....to lose. Onterrio is a good back...but hes gonna have to earn it. MeMo also has showed us some glimpses of greatness...but he has the whole injury issue. Obvisouly are coaches think we dont have a good enough group or proven group. Somone like Taylor who when given the time to shine , shined. Like someone said the other day...its hard to get playing time when the guy in front of you rushed for over 2,000 yards.So IMO its 1: Taylor, 2:MeMo/Onterrio 3:C4...

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

we dont have a good goalline back, and smith would be the toughest runner on our roster..he can be our short yardage and goalline back..is he for sure playing for us this season? i didnt see it posted anywhere
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

"olson_10" wrote:
    we dont have a good goalline back, and smith would be the toughest runner on our roster..he can be our short yardage and goalline back..is he for sure playing for us this season? i didnt see it posted anywhere

If that is the case, where does that leave Ciatric Fason? Fason is the guy that pretty much took over for Moe Williams last season.. I would say let Fason keep that job, and put Smith on ST's... Make him earn each and everything that he gets next year. He doesn't even deserve to be on the team. IMO

"olson_10" wrote:

If that is the case, where does that leave Ciatric Fason? Fason is the guy that pretty much took over for Moe Williams last season.. I would say let Fason keep that job, and put Smith on ST's... Make him earn each and everything that he gets next year. He doesn't even deserve to be on the team. IMO

no no no...one thing that bothered me was Meat Heads miss use of Fason. Fason isnt a Jerome Bettis, or a TJ Duckett. Tice missused him so bad. Hes set on being a full time feature back...not a freight train. Granted he did pretty well...but I mean Bennett could be considered a goal line back bye Tice.

"I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

obviously there is some compeitition.. let the best man win.... taylor is the favorite as of right now... lets see what moore can do without tices head games. i wouldn't be suprised if smith was cut, but if he does and says the right things, id love to have him back.

i like having a ton of decent backs rather than one good one. especially when it comes to injuries, if one goes down, it shouldn't be a terrible problem.

haha I'm sorry STW but, MinnesotaFury that quote is so fricken funny...haha

rdknieff is offline Starter

"MinnesotaFury" wrote:
    i like having a ton of decent backs rather than one good one. especially when it comes to injuries, if one goes down, it shouldn't be a terrible problem.
    we've already had our share of "decent" backs, and that has never worked for us.
    ----------------------------------YESSSSS!--------------------------

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast