Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: retirement???

T-Bone is offline Rookie

retirement???

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "T-Bone" wrote:
    Keep drafting defense it can only get better, in two to three years i look to have a solid defense. K.Williams, EJ, D. Thomas, K. Udeze, A. Winfield, B. Williams. These are all guys that should be with us in three years, there all getting better every year.

Don't forget Spencer. He may turn out to be the Hovan we expected.
    Looks like we got some agreement over here! Notice the spelling in my last post, T...look closely![/quote]

I've never been accused of being smart, so you'll have to help me out Cajun.

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

retirement???

Yep it looks like the Vikings first pic in the draft will be a LB.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

retirement???

There is definitely the talent on defense. Hopefully in another year with an established defensive system the defense as a whole can become proficient. It would be even better if it can show some progress by the end of the season or come playoff time.

However, more early round defense picks are necessary.
    fe4c0bdee276bad61c4dc5468ded7032

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

retirement???

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "uncle tony" wrote:
    Not very good news to hear. Were already pretty raw at that position. Do we make it six years running with a pick for the defense, or is Nugent our man?
    I vote for more defense, picks 1 - 7...defense all day, defense all the time, defense in the morning, defense in the evening, defense forever, defense in the US, defence in Canada, DEEFENSE!!!
    T-Bone, it was kinda subtle (and kinda cheesy) of me, but given that you are from Canada (as well as a few others on the board), when I mentioned defense in Canada, I used the British/Canadian spelling in my post...I was hoping that one of you would catch it and comment, but I was disappointed...oh well, it was kinda goofy and most posters probably thought that it was just a rare typo from the Cajun.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

retirement???

"dan3ski" wrote:
    Yep it looks like the Vikings first pic in the draft will be a LB.
    I vote for a run stuffing NT (like Jerry Ball used to be)...I sure miss old Jerry Ball!

XTAP59 is offline Coordinator

Re: retirement???

"vikings_fan66" wrote:
    Found this on vikingupdate.com ....hope this isnt true

* There are some growing concerns that retirement may have to be an option for LB Raonall Smith, who has been sidelined for more than a month with headaches and memory-loss episodes following his second concussion in November.
    If his health is in jeopardy, then there is no question he should retire.
    Just ask former receiver Al Toon about that....

LOTGK

LURKING ON THE GRASSY KNOLL
    http://lotgk.wordpress.com

T-Bone is offline Rookie

retirement???

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "uncle tony" wrote:
    Not very good news to hear. Were already pretty raw at that position. Do we make it six years running with a pick for the defense, or is Nugent our man?
    I vote for more defense, picks 1 - 7...defense all day, defense all the time, defense in the morning, defense in the evening, defense forever, defense in the US, defence in Canada, DEEFENSE!!!
    T-Bone, it was kinda subtle (and kinda cheesy) of me, but given that you are from Canada (as well as a few others on the board), when I mentioned defense in Canada, I used the British/Canadian spelling in my post...I was hoping that one of you would catch it and comment, but I was disappointed...oh well, it was kinda goofy and most posters probably thought that it was just a rare typo from the Cajun.
    Holy shit, Cajun. You thought I would catch that? I'm not as dumb as I look, but keep in mind I look pretty f@#kin' stoopid. (how's that for subtle spelling errors?)

retirement???

"T-Bone" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "uncle tony" wrote:

Holy shit, Cajun. You thought I would catch that? I'm not as dumb as I look, but keep in mind I look pretty f@#kin' stoopid. (how's that for subtle spelling errors?)
    Like I said, it was a reach. :scratch: No one else caught it either, so it probably was just lame on my part. ops: I will keep trying though! :idea:

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

retirement???

Defense, is the ticket, IMO, come draft day. Of course, if there is obscene offensive talent on the board, at our pick, they will take them. And I hope they do. Otherwise, we need DT's (major potential for bust...for anyone) CB's, and of course, LB's. Usually the LB's are second round. We spent, what was it, ...been to long... a 5th??? on Elling? I could see maybe a reach for a (prone to bust) kicker. Reach meaning wasting another 5th. Ray Guy was one first round kicker that was actually worth it. I have seen no others. Now, defense? I have seen some 1st rounders there work out. =).

Eyesore is offline Pro-Bowler

retirement???

:rr: :rr:
    Please do not read this. For office use only.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123