singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Restricted FAs to sign

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I will be glad when Scott signs.
    I like him.
    The others I could take or leave.
    Well you better take them. If they don't resign Johnson, who will play right tackle?

For those who haven't noticed, McKinnie is the only tackle on the team right now that is signed. They have no one else on the roster or practice squad that is a tackle.

With Johnson resigning, who will spell him or McKinnie if either one needs to sit out a play or two. Again, there is not another tackle on the roster anywhere.

Also, if Hererra hadn't signed, you'd only have practice squader Jimmy Martin to back up Hicks &
    Hutchinson.

Hello? Don't you think the Vikings need to address depth & the lack of it on the OL in the draft?
    Johnson is a defensive tackle..

What about Ryan Cook, and Marcus Johnson as tackles along with McKinnie. There will still be FA's signed post-draft. I mean, you have to fill the roster.
    LOL! I was actually talking about Marcus Johnson. Him & McKinnie are the only Tackles on the team.......period!

Cook is still listed as a Center. Will the convert him to Tackle as well? When he was in last year, was he a G or a T?

I know there is still opportunity in the draft & FA, but I don't want to end up with piss poor late round lineman or someones FA toaster leavin's.

They should have been looking for & perhaps signing OL man when they let Rosie go & Whittle signed with the Bills. They didn't even bring one into camp from FA for a look see or we would have heard about it.

The lack of intention to our OL this offseason has me puzzled. This is the one part of the team where B-Chill emphasized it's importance. He seems to have let the rightside of the line fall to the wayside.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Wh is that Tackle is now a concern when i remember at one time we had the most dominant offensive line..but that was a long time ago...

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like him.
    Well you better take them. If they don't resign Johnson, who will play right tackle?

For those who haven't noticed, McKinnie is the only tackle on the team right now that is signed. They have no one else on the roster or practice squad that is a tackle.

With Johnson resigning, who will spell him or McKinnie if either one needs to sit out a play or two. Again, there is not another tackle on the roster anywhere.

Also, if Hererra hadn't signed, you'd only have practice squader Jimmy Martin to back up Hicks &
    Hutchinson.

Hello? Don't you think the Vikings need to address depth & the lack of it on the OL in the draft?

What about Ryan Cook, and Marcus Johnson as tackles along with McKinnie. There will still be FA's signed post-draft. I mean, you have to fill the roster.
    LOL! I was actually talking about Marcus Johnson. Him & McKinnie are the only Tackles on the team.......period!

Cook is still listed as a Center. Will the convert him to Tackle as well? When he was in last year, was he a G or a T?

I know there is still opportunity in the draft & FA, but I don't want to end up with piss poor late round lineman or someones FA toaster leavin's.

They should have been looking for & perhaps signing OL man when they let Rosie go & Whittle signed with the Bills. They didn't even bring one into camp from FA for a look see or we would have heard about it.

The lack of intention to our OL this offseason has me puzzled. This is the one part of the team where B-Chill emphasized it's importance. He seems to have let the rightside of the line fall to the wayside.
    It's fallen to the wayside because:

A. We have all of our starters in place and continuity is a good thing on an offensive line

or

B. We are targeting a Joe Thomas in a trade.

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like him.

Hutchinson.

A. We have all of our starters in place and continuity is a good thing on an offensive line

or

Hmmm, interesting. Do you think Vikes would go for an OL
    with the first pick?

Yea, we have are starters for the right side. Johnson & Hicks set. But with their performance last year,they are more set in jello, than stone.

I'm assuming the boys will pick up 1 or 2 in the draft, but I was thinking they might be waiting til a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round before taking one.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

As long as it took for the offensive line to "Gel" last year (16+games) with this new offense, I hope they get a big jump on it this year. But if we bring in new players, then it will take them another year to learn it, which puts us to 2008.

"UffDaVikes" wrote:
    As long as it took for the offensive line to "Gel" last year (16+games) with this new offense, I hope they get a big jump on it this year. But if we bring in new players, then it will take them another year to learn it, which puts us to 2008.
    Been saying that all along.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"singersp" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like him.

Hutchinson.

or

isnt Thomas a LT?? if you want to switch him over it would be harder than you think.

Thanks josdin00

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Actually, I am stoked these guys are back!!!!
    They know the system and have all played better than expected when forced into duty.
    Therefore, great backups to have!!
    In fact, if they don't move Marcus J to RG, and Hicks doesn't shape up, I'd give Herrara a chance at starting there!!
    AND, as much as Darrion Scott has had to start, I'd say we better extend him!
    Especially if we don't get a first day DE!!

I really don't think Joe Thomas is our guy, but there is the Wisconnsin connection again

Right now, Cook has been mentioned as the RT starter...
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

What about trading for Faneca.
    Wwe have that Pittsburgh connection now in Tomlin.
    Just a suggestion.

"ejmat" wrote:
    What about trading for Faneca.
    Wwe have that Pittsburgh connection now in Tomlin.
    Just a suggestion.
    "Kevin Colbert, the team's director of football operations, also said they would consider trading players -- and that presumably would include unhappy guard Alan Faneca."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07114/780467-66.stm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast