Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Restricted FAs to sign

Monday, April 23, 2007
    Restricted FAs to sign

Guard Anthony Herrera and defensive lineman Spencer Johnson -- two of the Vikings' four restricted free agents -- will sign their one-year tenders today, according to their agents.

Defensive end Darrion Scott, who had hoped to sign a long-term deal with the team, will do the same in the next couple of days, agent Tim DiPiero said.

Running back Artose Pinner is the Vikings' other restricted free agent.
    posted by Don Seeholzer
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Restricted FAs to sign

I will be glad when Scott signs.
    I like him.
    The others I could take or leave.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Yep...pretty lackluster set of FA signings; typical.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Glad to see them sign pinner. I guess I am still confused with the need for another RB Pinner looked decent when he got his chance, Mewedle Moore, and
    Ciatrick "get your game" Fason see like the could make a solid change of pace back to Taylor if they game one of them a chance.

"Garland" wrote:
    Glad to see them sign pinner. I guess I am still confused with the need for another RB Pinner looked decent when he got his chance, Mewedle Moore, and
    Ciatrick "get your game" Fason see like the could make a solid change of pace back to Taylor if they game one of them a chance.
    Only the first three were listed as ready to sign.
    Pinner was listed as the fourth of the 4 restricted free agents, but not as 'signing (soon)'.

Players who fear being replaced with a draft pick will come to the realization that it is better to sign now and have a chance to compete rather than be replaced by a rookie.

This also helps the Vikings finalize their draft board because they have a little more depth on the OL and DL.
    So, they don't have a great a need to reach for a backup OL or DL in rounds beyond the first 2.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i could care less about any of those guys

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Darrion Scott, re sign Spencer Johnson if they dont get off their hind quartds and go after Ian Scott.
    MMLV
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I like both of the signings.We know what these guys can do, and they are proven depth.I was nervous we where going to lose Scott, but i'm glad hes coming back.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like him.
    Well you better take them. If they don't resign Johnson, who will play right tackle?

For those who haven't noticed, McKinnie is the only tackle on the team right now that is signed. They have no one else on the roster or practice squad that is a tackle.

With Johnson resigning, who will spell him or McKinnie if either one needs to sit out a play or two. Again, there is not another tackle on the roster anywhere.

Also, if Hererra hadn't signed, you'd only have practice squader Jimmy Martin to back up Hicks &
    Hutchinson.

Hello? Don't you think the Vikings need to address depth & the lack of it on the OL in the draft?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I like him.
    Well you better take them. If they don't resign Johnson, who will play right tackle?

For those who haven't noticed, McKinnie is the only tackle on the team right now that is signed. They have no one else on the roster or practice squad that is a tackle.

With Johnson resigning, who will spell him or McKinnie if either one needs to sit out a play or two. Again, there is not another tackle on the roster anywhere.

Also, if Hererra hadn't signed, you'd only have practice squader Jimmy Martin to back up Hicks &
    Hutchinson.

Hello? Don't you think the Vikings need to address depth & the lack of it on the OL in the draft?
    Johnson is a defensive tackle..

What about Ryan Cook, and Marcus Johnson as tackles along with McKinnie. There will still be FA's signed post-draft. I mean, you have to fill the roster.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast