Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    lukeshkin is offline Rookie

The Rest of the North Through Purple Goggles

okay... this is not just going to be a packer roast (well maybe a little)

lets start out with chicago:
    the bears played well and had a chance to win the game but shot themselves in the foot with penalties late in the game they sort of got a little bit from everybody on the offense kyle orton looked as good or better than any chicago QB in recent years. with their solid D they will compete in the north

green bay:
    brett favre was swampped all day he got sacked 3 times and threw 2 INT's the packers D was basicaly useless kevin jones ran all over and the db's were over matched by the lion receivers, but it is a bit of a rebuilding year for the pack and they will benefit from the top 5 draft pick they earn this season.ahman green had a solid game and the packer o line looked ok despite losing 2 starters but they have not gone up against the 2 williams and the pack d still wontr be able to stop the vikes

detroit:
    joey looked as good as ever in the begining of the game but leveled off towards the end. kevin jones will be a definate running threat in the divisin with a balance of speed and power. the receivers looked good especially (and i hate to say it) mike williams he just towered over the pack's db's having him in the division is a little scary especially when coupled with roy williams and charles rogers. the lions d also lookd good holding green bay and the "mighty" brett favre to no touchdowns however i think the d in detroit is still suspect and can be exploited by the vikes

JUST MY 2 CENTS WHAT DOES EVERYONE ELSE THINK?

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: The Rest of the North Through Purple Goggles

What the heck?? I wanted to pick the packers!!!

not.

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

the vikes almost scored as many points as the lions did without a getting a TD. i think we'll split with the lions. the bears, i don't know i didn't watch any of their game but it's "da bears", their d scares me but i think we'll be okay against their offense. even though we lost the first game i'm not jumping off the deep end. if our line had played even half way decent we would have won that game. even though we turned the ball over we still had a shot to win, even though we had a lot of downs in the game i still see more upside on the vikes than any other team in the NFC north, but i'm a homer so what do i know.

Thanks Josdin

Vikings WILL wn the Division by default. The truth might hurt, but I'll take it.

we haven't lost a game to anybody in the North yet PPE. so we could sweep the NFC North, what would you say to that? i know the north isn't a very good division but still if you sweep your divison no way is that considered winning it by default. i know this is opitimistic but it could happen. maybe we'll finish what we started in '98, highly doubtful. don't get down on the team because of one game, that even though we screwed up in majorly: no running game, turnovers, time of possesion and oline play, we still had a chance to win the game.

Thanks Josdin

Personally, I could give a crap about winning the division! I have my eye on the SB and I'm getting the feeling that we're not even a contender. THAT is what I'm upset about. I could care less about one game also, but a blowout by a team we were favored to win?

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Nice a very complete poll without the defending North champs; even though they do suck.

i don't consider it a blowout, we were still in the game with 2 mintues left to play. i'm as pissed as you are about the loss PPE. it is still one game though. everybody that is a fan has their eye set on the super bowl, but only one team has gone undefeated the entire season. there is still plenty of football to play, and the way our D and ST looked today i'm not that worried. we just need our o-line to gel or get better people in here, and we'll be fine. i'm just trying to be an optimist for once in my life

Thanks Josdin

sorry double post

Thanks Josdin

"mnvikes61" wrote:
    i don't consider it a blowout, we were still in the game with 2 mintues left to play. i'm as pissed as you are about the loss PPE. it is still one game though. everybody that is a fan has their eye set on the super bowl, but only one team has gone undefeated the entire season. there is still plenty of football to play, and the way our D and ST looked today i'm not that worried. we just need our o-line to gel or get better people in here, and we'll be fine. i'm just trying to be an optimist for once in my life
    I'm working on it....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast