Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: respect

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

respect

after watching the game on monday i know have a new respect for smoot. i expected him to not play very hard once he learned of he was getting paid this game. but that wasnt the case. he flew up and hit people and worked his a$$ off even on special teams. my respect for him has greatly improved since sunday.
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

Del Rio Guest

Re: respect

"mr.woo" wrote:
    after watching the game on monday i know have a new respect for smoot. i expected him to not play very hard once he learned of he was getting paid this game. but that wasnt the case. he flew up and hit people and worked his a$$ off even on special teams. my respect for him has greatly improved since sunday.
    He has to do that consistently for me to care. He was playing his old team on Monday night football........

Like I said in another thread though he was using textbook form on his tackles and I was VERY happy to him tearing it up correctly. Gives me hope.

Next week should be a big week for him with Steve Smith coming to town. I want to see him keep it up over the entire season. Definately stepping in the right direction though.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Smoot did have a very good game.
    Most of you know that I have a decent amount of confidence in Smoot, but Del is right... he needs to have a few more games like this to put any concerns to rest.
    I too was glad to see him making strong tackles.

Part of me hopes that Steve Smith's hamstring is 100% by next week so Smoot has a shot at redeption.
    But the practical part of me says redemption-shedemption.
    If Smith is sidelined or limited the Vikes stand a much better chance of winning.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Top_Speed is offline Starter

Show me MORE! 1 game wonders are a dime a dozen.

I always said if he could only put that energy he uses in his jaw towards his feet & legs he could be in a position to make plays.

Keep it up Smooty
    Home Sweet Dome...

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

If we beat Carolina this weekend, which I think we have a good chance too.I'll say we're foreal.I'm not saying we'll win the super bowl, but I think we'll be in the thick of things.Smoot played great, made a big tackle on Cooley.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

6-KINGS is offline Asst. Coach

"Del" wrote:
    "mr.woo" wrote:
    He has to do that consistently for me to care. He was playing his old team on Monday night football........

Like I said in another thread though he was using textbook form on his tackles and I was VERY happy to him tearing it up correctly. Gives me hope.

Next week should be a big week for him with Steve Smith coming to town. I want to see him keep it up over the entire season. Definately stepping in the right direction though.
    I am glad you guys have hope now.
    My wife has a brand new pair of roller skates, and I have a brand new key..........
    Ain't life great!

"VICTORY IS MINE!"

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

I agree, in that Smoot showed up in rare form last night. Let's just hope we see some repeats throughout the season.
    -Sno

Json is offline GM

I've always liked Smoot.
    I know last year he put a sour taste in alot of peoples mouths but I still thought he'd be able to turn it around.
    Now it's only one game so hopefully he keeps it up.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I like him playing good aswell. We do pay him a LOT of money you know, so he should play like a team leader.

But what I would like to se him do on a consistant basis, is not tackling as much as just shuting down the opposing no. 1 reciever.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

So perhaps it took a Monday night game against his old team to play well. And next week he gets to attempt to redeem himself against Steve Smith. If he can perform well against Carolina, my hope is that he should have the confidence to be a shutdown corner all year by building on these first two. If not, I don't know what else to do with the bum cos its hard to find more motivation then that at the beginning of a season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast