Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Resign K Will?

PInfante97 is offline Rookie

Resign K Will?

Think there is any chance we can resign Kevin Williams and move him to nose tackle next year?

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    Id say the chances are very small but it would be nice if Kevin ended his career here.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    Personally I am tired of seeing people end their career here when their best days are gone. How about getting some people who are starting their career here?

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Keep him at NT for next year? Hell, it worked great last Sunday & the inept coaching staff won't even be keeping him there this year & giving their #1 pick Floyd more opportunity to play.

Kevin Williams won't start at nose, but will continue to fill in

Kevin Williams won't start at nose, but will continue to fill in - Minnesota Vikings news | 1500 ESPN Twin Cities ? Minnesota Sports News & Opinion (Twins, Vikings, Wolves, Wild, Gophers) | Sportswire: Minnesota Vikings

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

PInfante97 is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by RK. View Post
    Personally I am tired of seeing people end their career here when their best days are gone. How about getting some people who are starting their career here?
    k will still has some left in the tank. he is still one of our best defenders

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    If I had to choose between keeping JA and KW, I would choose Williams. However, the most likely scenario is that we keep neither.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion
    It will be interesting to see how many guys resign with the Vikes after this year and facing playing outdoors at the college stadium for the next two years. Getting people resigned may not be all that easy, I think a lot of guys are going to test the market if their contract is up.

WWBGD

It will be interesting to see how many guys resign with the Vikes after this year and facing playing outdoors at the college stadium for the next two years. Getting people resigned may not be all that easy, I think a lot of guys are going to test the market if their contract is up.
    Minnesota Vikings 2014 free agents;

QB Josh Freeman UFA
    DL Jared Allen UFA
    DL Fred Evans UFA
    DL Kevin Williams UFA
    LB Desmond Bishop UFA
    LB Marvin Mitchell UFA
    CB A.J. Jefferson UFA
    CB Marcus Sherels RFA

Read more: KFFL - 2014 NFL Free Agents

It will also be interesting to see how many good FAs would be willing to sign here from other teams given our record, our outdoor situation & Ponder.

I wonder if Jennings is having second thoughts.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It will also be interesting to see how many good FAs would be willing to sign here from other teams given our record, our outdoor situation & Ponder.

I wonder if Jennings is having second thoughts.
    That seems pretty obvious...I've seen him pissed off on the sidelines a few times now. I don't expect us to sign any big name FAs next year, cuz who wants in on this mess.

I'm wondering why Everson Griffen isn't on that FA list...I'm thinking he's a duh, cuz he'll likely sign for a mid-grade amount since he hasn't had the ops, yet provides good depth at the very least, and may be a pretty good starter at this point in his career. From rotoworld:

Vikings DE Everson Griffen says the team has offered him a contract extension but it "wasn't in the ballpark."

Griffen, 25, is in the final year of his rookie contract. LE Brian Robison signed a new four-year deal Wednesday, and Griffen would seem to be the next guy in line for a new contract. With Jared Allen seeming unlikely to re-sign with the Vikings after the season, Griffen could be asked to start opposite Robison in 2014. He's going to need a contract first. Griffen has amassed 13 sacks over the last two-plus seasons. The two sides are still talking, Griffen confirmed. Oct 9 - 4:21 PM
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast