Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Resign Hovan?

Resign Hovan?

I like Hovan as much as anybody, but I say it's really a put up or shut up year for him. I think he knows this, too. That's why he's doing all this training. I really hope he can come back and be a monster, but if he doesn't, well, what do we do?
    Faster than a speeding Grady Jackson! More powerful than a Nick Barnett! Able to leap Ahmad Carroll in a single bound! Look! Up in the sky! It s a bird! It s a plane! It s Jermaine Wiggins!

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Resign Hovan?

I thought I had responded to this... I'm hoping that it didn't get posted in another topic... but I think that we need to re-sign him. Last year obviously his numbers weren't anywhere near the ones he had the year before, but we all know why that is... I think with the improvements on our D this year, he will have much better numbers... there is know way that they can double team hovan, williams, and udeze so I think all 3 of them should have fairly decent numbers this year

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Resign Hovan?

Hovan was born to be in purple... his attitude is awesome... I think it would be a huge loss not to have his talent and his attitude, but maybe thats just me

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Resign Hovan?

I'm a little disappointed when any player is rewarded for "well, he's not hurting us" play. Unfortunately, a lot of players are getting big paydays this offseason for potential or marginally decent play.

Guys like McKenzie and Ogunleye are trying to cash in for the same level of play...not elite play, just above average.

Hovan is a servicable player, and I know he's a fan favorite over there, but he didn't show up in big games last year, and overpaying for him would just eat up your salary ca.....hey...wait a minute...yeah, I think he does deserve a HUGE pagday!
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Resign Hovan?

Gotta keep Udeze,K Williams, and Hovan for the long haul. Hovan will have a monster year if he takes less double teams, and if he takes them then Kevin Williams or Udeze(don't forget Johnsonte, he had 10 sacks) will get the quarterback

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Resign Hovan?

"LosAngelis" wrote:
    I'm a little disappointed when any player is rewarded for "well, he's not hurting us" play. Unfortunately, a lot of players are getting big paydays this offseason for potential or marginally decent play.

Guys like McKenzie and Ogunleye are trying to cash in for the same level of play...not elite play, just above average.

:angryfire: :violent1: Hovan is a servicable player, and I know he's a fan favorite over there, but he didn't show up in bag games last year, and overpaying for him would just eat up your salary ca.....hey...wait a minute...yeah, I think he does deserve a HUGE pagday!

Servicacble? The dude has heart..and who said anything about overpaying? All I hear is "make him prove himself worthy of the Big Bucks."..blah blah blah. Has anyone heard Hovan asking for big dollars? The Vikings havn't offered him a contract wich I didn't expect Cause Combs likes to wait untill the Contract is up before he lets go of his moneyrole. I think Hovan is the type of guy who wouldn't demand big bucks even if HIS stats went way up this year. I could care less if he has one sack as long as Two Blobs keep double teaming him..and maybe Udeze can get around that corner and make teams pay.
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

LINKS7 is offline Waterboy

Resign Hovan?

i think we should resign him now because it looks like he really took the offseason serious this year he lost weight and is improving his quickness so he will have a great year we need to keep that d-line together

Resign Hovan?

i'd like to keep hovan as well, one of my favorite players. but let's drop the double team bullsh!t. anybody remember seeing hovan get schooled in that green bay game against single coverage the entire game? i do, because that's all i watched the ENTIRE GAME. he was not doubled once. hovan simply put on too much bulk last year, and it messed with his game. he is taking steps to rectify that this offseason, so i am confident that he will have a better year. but please stop with this double teaming junk!
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Resign Hovan?

I feel he is still under contract for this season so why sign him now. Let him redo his contract at the end of next season.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

hovan is offline Star Spokesman

Resign Hovan?

"amavikesfan" wrote:
    i'd like to keep hovan as well, one of my favorite players. but let's drop the double team bullsh!t. anybody remember seeing hovan get schooled in that green bay game against single coverage the entire game? i do, because that's all i watched the ENTIRE GAME.
    Does that one game amount to the entire season? Maybe you should watch the Line a little more than just one game. Or maybe your the Randy Moss of Viking Fans where you decide what plays your going to watch and then don't watch other ones :lol: Not trying to be an :bootyshake:, but HOVAN was doubled teamed often last year. How do you think Williams and Johnstone got 20 combined sacks? Oh I forgot..Hovan was fighting off one measly center, while Johnstone was flying past the Tackle and Gaurd right? :angryfire:
    Lombardis DEAD,
    Favrays OLD, the Packers SUCK,
    DEAL WITH IT!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast