Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    t_13 is offline Rookie

Re: Requiem for a jersey.

the last uniforms we had arent exactly like the ones u have pictured.. did u cry when they made the stripe thinner and added the norseman? these new ones are P.I.M.P. yo

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

Hey Muggsy,
    As I remember all the things you are talking about, I understand your feelings exactly. I also will miss the old uniforms.

I do like the new helmets and pants. The away jerseys are not to bad, but the same stripe around the arms of the home jerseys just does not click with my artistic eye. It seems to busy somehow.

Maybe I'll buy a plain throwback and put FedjeViking on it. Players are getting traded to often now anyway. Remember when the players were faithful to the team and stayed around for years? Studwell is one of those, as well as Burnsie. AAHHH, the good old days. :lol:
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

t_13 is offline Rookie

i hate it when people call them "busy" it sounds metro or sumthing

mrviking28 is offline Starter

MY GOD, THEY ARE FRICKING OUTTERWEAR! Do you wear the same clothes everyday! Cant believe all the wussies who are crying because of this. "Oh I'm old school, blah blah blah."
    Why dont we take this one step further and not only keep the old uniforms but lets get rid of all the players and coaches we have now and bring back all the original 1961 players and keep playing them until they are dead. Then each time one passes on we can replace them with the next oldest guy out there and so on. Will that make you happy?

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

"ViKing24" wrote:
    though jerseys weren't that great. Ya gotsda add da new flash and peemp ness do these new joiseys.
    ~ Is this Muggsy's brother? I had to do a double take :scratch:

~ And Mr mrviking28, you are entitled to your opinion like the rest of us, but calling someone "Wussies" because you disagree may be frowned upon

mnwildfan79 is offline Rookie

jerseys

we're talkin about jerseys

the clothes our team wears when they are playing football

clothes

I respect that past as much as anyone, but it doesn't take clothes for me to remember great moments on the field. Maybe it's just me but I have no idea what I was wearing for any of the memorable events in my life so far, clothes just don't play that big of role in my mind.

Same goes for football, honestly I cannot even begin to understand how anyone could obsess so much over what they are wearing. It's FOOTBALL.

I do love the passion of that post though.

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"Benet" wrote:
    Woah woah woah..

F'IN WOAH!!

I hate to do this to ya guys.. But I gotta say it cos you're all getting a little TOO carried away..

[size=28px]DO NOT. EVER. LIKEN GETTING NEW UNIFORMS TO HELPING US WIN A SUPERBOWL. EVER.[/size]

And now back to our regularly-scheduled broadcast.
    No one likened the new uniforms to helping the Vikes win the big game. I just asked if the Vikings DID win a SuperBowl, if that would change his opinion a bit. That's all.

I didn't say anything of the sort of the new uniforms helping them win the big game.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

"Benet" wrote:
    Woah woah woah..

F'IN WOAH!!

I hate to do this to ya guys.. But I gotta say it cos you're all getting a little TOO carried away..

[size=28px]DO NOT. EVER. LIKEN GETTING NEW UNIFORMS TO HELPING US WIN A SUPERBOWL. EVER.[/size]

And now back to our regularly-scheduled broadcast.
    It has happened before. NEVER SAY NEVER!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

BIGDADDYG is offline Pro-Bowler

I don't mind the new uniforms and I am "OLD SCHOOL". Don't get me wrong here I do like to see the pictures and clips of the Viking greats from days gone by and I still have a Chuck Foreman jersey my neighbour brought back from a trip to Minnesota back in 1975. When my kids saw the new uniforms they loved them and wanted to get one as soon as possible.It reminded me when I was their age and saw our beloved Vikings playing at the Met and how Awww struck I was. I have my memories of the "good old days" now my kids can have the same memories with these uniforms. One day their kids will be Awww struck by the next generation Viking uniforms. Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to say my piece.

Thank you!

Like my POPEYE Tattoo says " I
    Y AM
    WHAT
    I
    Y AM "

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I guess that it depends on when you grew up, I am younger, 27, and I like the new ones, mainly because they bring a new life to a horrid management for the last 20 years. Just my opinion though

Thanks PurpleMafia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12