Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Reporting to training camp

Does any one know if the live cam will be working?

Prophet Guest

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    I'm guessing the old link will work:
    http://live6.truelook.com/face/newface.jsp?name=/startrib/mobile2&func=live&skin=vikes&overlay=default
    because the blogs are kept up to date on that link.

============

First Look
    Friday, July 28th, 2006
    The Vikings rookies and selected veterans will take the field in less than an hour for the first training camp practice. The next three days will provide a final chance for players to learn things at a slightly reduced pace. Veterans won’t step on the field until Monday.

“What you are going to see here in the next few days – A, because of the heat, [and] B, because of the numbers – you’re going to see things slow way down,” Childress said. “There will be times where we are full speed, if you will, but there will also be walking and talking going on. You don’t get to walk and talk a lot and teach on the field when the veterans get here.

“They’ll get to hear it a different way, and hopefully hear it when they aren’t stepping on their tongues because they are tired, so that they can take it in. As opposed to drawing it and X-ing and O-ing it, you can walk it. Guys learn different ways, and this is a great five practices in three days to learn.”

digital420 is offline Team Alumni

anyone down there wanna set upsome podcasts?

would luv to get some feeds from over there or recorded and uploaded.

DiGiTaL

"We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

Prophet Guest

Teaching begins in the heat
    Friday, July 28th, 2006
    With temperatures in the 90s, Brad Childress ended his first practice as Vikings coach a couple of minutes early Friday. During the 1 hour, 8 minute session, Childress did plenty of teaching with the rookies and selected veterans who are in attendance.

Not surprisingly, Childress spent plenty of time focused on the offense. The former Eagles offensive coordinator is putting in a West Coast system that is unfamiliar to many players. One advantage is that backup quarterbacks Mike McMahon and J.T. O’Sullivan both have experience with this system. McMahon played for the Eagles last season and O’Sullivan was in a West Coast system in 2004 in Green Bay.

Rookie linebacker Chad Greenway, who was one of the first players on the field Friday morning, called Childress, “a great teacher.”

Childress also has to concern himself with the heat and making sure players get plenty of water. After talking to the offense for about 8 minutes about what he wants in certain situations, Childress made sure to tell the players to get something to drink.

One thing fans need to keep in mind about Childress is they won’t be hearing from him on a daily basis. The coach talked to the media on Thursday and will talk again Sunday. Today, defense coordinator Mike Tomlin addressed the media. Tomorrow, that “honor” will fall to offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell.

i am so amazed that we signed Dez White!! he was a good WR for the Falcons and has some wheels!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    Just checked the Training camp blog from the Star and Tribune and this appeared:
    [size=18px]Where’s the webcam?[/size]
    Friday, July 28th, 2006 by Will Tacy

A few people have posted comments asking about the webcam we have featured in years past. I’m sorry to say the webcam won’t be making an appearance this time around. We’ll be posting video reports and audio interviews (in fact, here’s a video covering the first day of drills, and an audio interview with Defensive Coordinator Mike Tomlin). But the webcam is out, per a request from the team.
    – Will Tacy, Editor, StarTribune.com
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "SharperVikings" wrote:
    Just checked the Training camp blog from the Star and Tribune and this appeared:
    [size=18px]Where’s the webcam?[/size]
    Friday, July 28th, 2006 by Will Tacy

A few people have posted comments asking about the webcam we have featured in years past. I’m sorry to say the webcam won’t be making an appearance this time around. We’ll be posting video reports and audio interviews (in fact, here’s a video covering the first day of drills, and an audio interview with Defensive Coordinator Mike Tomlin). But the webcam is out, per a request from the team.
    – Will Tacy, Editor, StarTribune.com
    Beat you to it :razz: :lol:

WWBGD

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Published July 29, 2006 01:42 am

[size=18px]Top draft pick Greenway gets an early start[/size]
    Three days of practices without veterans 'good for rookies'

By Chad Courrier
    The Free Press

MANKATO —
    Weakside linebacker Chad Greenway, the Vikings’ No. 1 draft choice, was one of the first players on the practice field Friday morning, more than a half-hour before things started. He said he wanted to get the nerves out of the way before his first training camp workout.

“That’s what I try to do, be in the right place when practice starts,” he said. “You’re supposed to be the first one out and the last one off. That’s the deal, right?”

Though these first workouts are noncontact, focusing on teaching and technique, Greenway sees the benefits of three days of practice before the veterans report.

“It’s good for us rookies,” he said. “It gives us a chance to slow things down. When the veterans are in and we put on the pads, the pace will get quicker.”

Offord switches

Willie Offord was ready to come to camp, competing for the starting safety position with Tank Williams. But when the Vikings signed veteran Dwight Smith, who will likely compete against Williams to play alongside Darren Sharper, Offord’s prospects of playing seemed to take a hit.

“Initially, I knew it was a business move,” Offord said. “This is my fifth year, and I understand. I just have to do what I do, and when I play, play well.”

Offord was off to a good start last season, making an interception, before suffering a season-ending knee injury in the third game. He said his knee is fully healed, and he expects to join the contact drills sometime next week.

Jackson’s role model

Coming to the NFL from Alabama State, quarterback Tarvaris Jackson can call on the success of other small-school players, specifically quarterback Steve McNair, who played at Alcorn State.

“We play the same position and are from the same (Southwestern Athletic Conference),” Jackson said. “I’m trying to show that if you can play football, you can play football.”

Top draft pick Greenway gets an early start

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123