Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Report: Vikings second to last in NFL in cap space

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Re: Report: Vikings second to last in NFL in cap space

Everybody else in case your interested.

Updated cap space as of August 15
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Johnson14 is offline Hall of Famer

Thanks for the read.

Man, we need to get Greenway and AD locked down, TIGHT.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Quote Originally Posted by "Johnson14" #1104701
    Thanks for the read.

+1, I think those numbers are decieving because those two guys will free up 10+million. I wonder if the team isn't waiting a bit to see if they will make any more moves before the season.
    I think every front office should work to using as much of the cap as possible, hence freeing up space in future years.

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1104703
    Thanks for the read.

+1, I think those numbers are decieving because those two guys will free up 10+million. I wonder if the team isn't waiting a bit to see if they will make any more moves before the season.
    I think every front office should work to using as much of the cap as possible, hence freeing up space in future years.
    Couple of good points there by both of you.

Something else to look at when you look at the teams that don't have much room.......

Ravens: $2.8 million.
    Chargers: $2.7 million.
    Saints: $2.6 million.
    Texans: $2.2 million.
    Eagles: $2 million
    Panthers: $1.7 million.
    Lions: $1.1 million.
    Falcons: $1.1 million.
    What can these teams do to improve themselves.......

Do they have a LT or a WR or even possibly a big Warpig making big bucks that they might need to jettison to free up space to work a deal when a few cats start getting cut by other teams if they need to fix a position of need?

If so, what the heck could we do about it? Nothing unless of course they can fix AD and Chad, which by the way, should have had deals done by now for cripes sake.

Sorry about that last line. I've been trying to keep away from that little issue cause it just seems to make people mad when I hack on Bryzcheapski.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104710
    Thanks for the read.

Something else to look at when you look at the teams that don't have much room.......

Do they have a LT or a WR or even possibly a big Warpig making big bucks that they might need to jettison to free up space to work a deal when a few cats start getting cut by other teams if they need to fix a position of need?

If so, what the heck could we do about it? Nothing unless of course they can fix AD and Chad, which by the way, should have had deals done by now for cripes sake.

Sorry about that last line. I've been trying to keep away from that little issue cause it just seems to make people mad when I hack on Bryzcheapski.
    They don't have to do anything at this point. If they have a position to fix, is there even a LT, WR or big Warpig left out there that would get such a great salary above their cap room that they'd have to cut a quality player to get him?

What big names are left in FA at those positions?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2011

I think they are like us. If they still have a glaring need to fix, they are SOL, unless when teams start getting down to final roster cuts, a quality player happens to get cut.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

The best way to fix your cap problems is to use future draft picks to get middle to old aged players that command a higher salary in lieu of low priced later round draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1104776
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1104710
    Thanks for the read.

They don't have to do anything at this point. If they have a position to fix, is there even a LT, WR or big Warpig left out there that would get such a great salary above their cap room that they'd have to cut a quality player to get him?

What big names are left in FA at those positions?

http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?y=2011

I think they are like us. If they still have a glaring need to fix, they are SOL, unless when teams start getting down to final roster cuts, a quality player happens to get cut.
    My apology for not being clearer.

I'm not looking at the current FA list. I thinking ahead to when the cuts start happening.

On a side note, listened to a guy on Sirius this morning on the way to work (Last Name Brandt) who they introduced as ESPNs NFL Financial Analayst.

He said teams like to go into the season with about 7 mil available so that they have the flexibility to add players throughout the season. Went into great detail about how the roster grows based on injuries (your still paying them even though they aren't on the 53 man roster) plus the guy you had to bring in to fill his spot.

That doesn't even take into account what I'm talking about here. Adding players to fix roster issues before the season even starts.

In short, we are screwed unless they get their head out of their asses and fix AD and Chad and even then it doesn't fix the other players that should have contract extensions done this year so they don't hit the FA market and are lost to the highest bidder (ala Rice).